Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network/WBS settlement to AUC and Final Assets

rally
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would like to seek your technical expertise. When I settled a WBS to AUC (AUC type is not investment measure) cost was transferred to Fixed Asset AUC. However, when I tried to settle the same WBS to the final assets no settlement items can be found. What am I missing?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain a bit more, your query is not clear.

Normally Investment projects are settled to AuC and when the project is competed it will be settled to FXA.

Tnx.

Abdul

rally
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to settle CIP balances to Final Asset without using investment projects/profile?

Thanks!

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not using project then how you are planning to accumulate the costs.

Tnx.

Abdul

rally
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of using investment measure in my WBS/Network it will ba CIP with line item settlement. We only need to create one (1) CIP for the entire project which will be assign in the settlement profile of each WBS. If we will use investment measure several CIP asset will be created since investment profile is assigned per WBS (with account assignment). However, during settlement to final asset its no longer possible to settle using the WBS. I will be forced to use the settlement in Fixed asset (tcode: AIAB/AIBU) for the final asset settlement. Before we proceed to that path I just want to seek to opinion of the expert that its still possible to settle using the WBS for final asset using the CIP line item settlement.

Thank you.

rally
Participant
0 Kudos

Additional info.:

We can't assign the investment profile at the Top level of WBS to achieve one (1) CIP for all the WBS because the release of the TOP level only happen when all WBS (lower level) is about to start.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CIP (Construction In Progress) accounting is handled in Asset Accounting through AuC (Asset under Construction).

You can manage one AuC for whole project by assigning Investment profile only on root level WBSE and applying sap note to create settlement rule for superior WBSE.

Summary settlement or line item settlement of Investment measure will not make any difference in the process other than the settled value details.

Tnx.

Abdul

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rally,

If your WBSE is not a Investment measure and the AUC is not created automatically then I dont think system will carryout settlement from manually createdd AUC asset to Final asset through settlement rule maintained at WBSE. Because, when AUC is created automatically for a measure it will have settlement type "AUC" and I think that is why it will allow you to settle from that AUC to final FXA. But for manually maintained settlement rule the settlement tyoe will not be "AUC". So, My suggestion would be to maintain settlement rule in AIAB/AIBU.

rally
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks. I already guessed that it will be the best solution still I would like to seek the opinion of the expert. Would it affect any PS reports, specifically Project Cost update or POC recording?

Again, thank you.

I

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think it will affect PS. because the purpose of the project will be over once you settle all the cost from project to manual AUC and close it. It doesnt have any relation to final Asset and so the settlement from manual AUC to final Asset will not have any impact on the project.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rally..

Are you sure system is allowing to maintain manually created AuC in settlement rule for WBSE ?

Since WBSE is not an investment measure for you then what will be the object class of the project? How the cost flow in CO will happen?

If possible please clarify, as it will be useful for everyone.

tnx.

abdul

rally
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Yes. The system allows the manual entry of settlement receiver for FXA. However, the settlement type is either PER or FUL. So if your going to use CIP (with line item settlement - defined in asset class) it will be two (2) steps settlement - settlement of cost to CIP use tcode CJ88 and then CIP to final assets use (AIAB/AIBU).

Hope this help.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Rally.

So you mean instead of Asset you are entering manually created AuC in WBSE settlement Rule.

Tnx.

Abdul