Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java proxy problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I hope you can help me with this issue.

I few weeks ago I had to make some changes in an Java proxy because it was not connecting to a third party system.

I made these changes and imported this proxy using a SAP HOW TO guide and started working as desired.

The problem is that when we restart the PI system this proxy starts failing again and I have to reimport the java proxy again to make it work.

Maybe I am missing some necessary step, but I think that the changes I am making in the proxy are not permanent and I need to make them permanent.

We are using PI 7.0

Thanks for your help

Santiago

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> I made these changes and imported this proxy using a SAP HOW TO guide and started working as desired.

When you made changes and deployed in tht PI server, did you rename the ear file? Also delete the old deployed ear file and deployed only the latest one? If you make namechanges in the ear content such as jsp or servlet or enterprise bean and they will be available in cache too...

Tips: Check that you have only one Archive file for the java proxy and don't have redundant name for service components like jsp or servlet in it. Also, when we bring up java stack engine, it will load all the deployed ear in the application context. Check the logs and see any weird thing going on such as class not found exception or so...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Baskar,

Thanks a lot for your fast reply.

How do I check for the ear file? As far as I know I am sending the ear file (containing a EJB) with all the information using the SAP Netweaver Development Studio. But I don't know how to delete it from the server.

Best Regards

Santiago

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NWDS itself provides a means to un-deploy the EAR too.

VJ

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont know what version of pI you work on? In pI 7.0 go to visual administrator and see the deployed section and there you will find... In PI 7.1, all are web based. Go to Admin tab and see all the deployed archives.. Talk to basis team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santiago,

After you make changes in EJB code. Follow the following steps to deploy the EAR file into PI server using NWDS

1) Re build you EJB project.

2) Create a new EAR file.

3) deploy the EAR file. ( you will need the J2EE_ADMIN access)

Refer this How to Work with Java proxies PDF:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7d4db211-0d01-0010-1e8e-9b07fc211...

Regards,

Aravind

Answers (0)