cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependant syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts:

I am trying to figure out if I can do syndication depentant by syndication map. I am on verion 7.1

This is my scenario.

1. I have two main tables

2. I have two syndication maps, one on each table.

3. Table A content - syndication, has to go first.

4. Table B content - syndication, had to go after syndication A.

I tried to check the Syndication Task Delay on the Console, but that one is by repository not main table.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Claudia Hardeman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

You can set a delay in records syndication for table2 after table A, if the record created simultaneously in both tables.

Say a record created in both tables at same time and your requirement is to send record from table A before sending it from table B. For this, you can achieve it using MDM work-flows.

For table A, workflow will trigger on record ADD, Import etc immediately.

Start>Syndicate Step>Stop

So above workflow will send the file immediately at ready folder of corresponding port.

For table B workflow will also trigger on record ADD, Import etc immediately.

Start>Wait Step>Syndicate Step-->Stop

So this workflow though trigger immediately but will not place file immediately at ready folder because it will wait as per your requirement (corresponding to time set by you say 10 mins using Literal time or GM Time field type ) after will go to syndicate step(thus syndicate records at port ready folder using MDSS)>stop

So in this way Table B syndication has to go 10 minutes later after syndication A.

Note: A Wait step is useful for jobs which must wait until a specific date and time before moving forward to the next workflow step. It uses record values within a selected GM Time or Literal Date field as the "wait until" time.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

If the 'Processing Type' of the Ports having the specified map are 'Automatic'

then you can set the syndication time accordingly and Syndicate as your Port Priority.

Regards,

Nimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please get in touch with your basis team. I think it can be achieved by using scripts. They can design the scripts in such a way that the file which is placed in Ready folder of your Port 1 should be processed and then only the file on Port2 should be placed. I am not sure but we have done the same thing. It was achieved using Redwood because we were not using FTP.JCA but instead of that we were using Redwood to schedule such kind of jobs.

the redwood picks the file from Port 1 and places it into XYZ location on server. Whenever it recieves a file on Port2, after syndicating the same to XI, it triggers the event which picks the file from XYZ location and places it in XI inbound folder.

Regards:

Gaurav Arora