cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate extended-classic by badi --> PO not created in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in certain circumstances I activate the extended-classic escenario in SOCO using Badi BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS~DETERMINE_LOGSYS:

-

'logical_system = 'ECCSYSTEM'.

I do this because i need to launch the PO workflow in SRM for the PO created in the SOCO. The problem is the PO is created with the 'saved' status, not in 'order' status, and also when it approves such requests are not replicated to ECC.

If i change the scenario with the BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI~DETERMINE_EXTPO Badi I have no problem, the PO is created with 'order' status and when i approved the PO is replicated inmediately in ECC.

Any idea about this problem?

The scenario is classic in srm 7 with ehp8.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok YS, thanks,

The question is, if is possible in the SOCO in SRM classic scenario, when the user assign a contract to the SC activate the extended-classic scenario and therefore create the PO in SRM, launch the WF of PO and when it's approve create the PO in ECC.

My problem is the first part, I can not change the scenario when assigned the contract to the SC in the SOCO.

If I use BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS is perfect except for the last part, the PO don't create in the backend, I believe the correct Badi is the BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI but the problem is that i can not determine the correct moment to do the modification in this badi

Thanks at all and sorry for my poor english.

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the SC is released, it is already decided by system that it will create a classic or ECS PO after a contract is being assigned.

For a classic PO, you can only assign ERP contract or a central contract which allows local sourcing.

For ECS PO, you can only assign SRM local contract or a central contract which allows local sourcing.

I am thinking you have to have to look at ordering SC from the catalog with contract which will help to decide if a classic PO or ECS PO is to be created then?? You have to work on the root which is only the SC document before it is released.

Regards.

YS

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is I am in classic scenario and I can not start the PO workflow if the PO is created only in the Backend(Classic scenario), therefore I need in determinate situations activate the extended-classic to activate the PO workflow.

Thanks for the help.

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To trigger workflow, you need the corresponding business object to be created. For a SRM PO workflow to be triggered, you need the local/ECS PO document to be created first.

For classic scenario, the workflow approval can only apply to the SC document since the subsequent follow-on document is created into the ERP system only. Hence there is no possibility of triggering SRM PO workflow at all.

Now you need to decide how you need the workflow to be - If you need SRM workflow for PO, you must create the ECS PO always. In addition use the release strategy workflow for the classic PO in ERP.

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is I am in classic scenario and I can not start the PO workflow if the PO is created only in the Backend(Classic scenario), therefore I need in determinate situations activate the extended-classic to activate the PO workflow.

Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, then I miss BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS.

But with the other badi is there any way to get more information? the only information available is the product, category, type,... but i can not obtain info about the SC, Guid, etc...

Any idea to obtain this information in the BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI badi

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the BADI BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI is triggered during the background PO creation or not. If yes, you can use it to change the PO document data.

But i do not understand why you need to change PO to trigger workflow? Why don't you change the workflow condition appropriately to trigger the wokflow?

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for the answer,

The problem with the BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI badi is that I have not enough information on it. I need to change the scenario when in the SOCO is assigned a contract and click the button to create order draft, the BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS is perfect for this, but .... :(.

Any idea for resolve my problem?

Thanks.

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would believe the configuration is not properly done in your system.

The BADI BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI~DETERMINE_EXTPO is the only BADI you can used to adjust if ECS PO will be created.

By using the BADI BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS, it has instead lead to a SRM local PO is requested for and this PO will never replicated to the ERP. If you are not requiring it, please leave this BADI completely.

ECS PO will always be ordered when the PO information is complete. It will be HELD status when the information is incomplete. If you encountered HELD status, it means a purchaser has to complete those missing information first before the ECS PO can be saved. Do you have some customer fields that are mandatory but not populated in the SOCO creation and this lead to HELD status?

Regards.

YS

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I know, it is only possible to handle with both extended and classic scenarios with badi BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI.

BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS wouldn't be used to this purpose.

Regards,

Ricardo