cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have an interface file to RFC, if the interface fails in integration engine due to some reason. after some time message is getting restarted automatically.

i would like to know why it is getting restarted auomatically.

Thank You,

Madhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason that message is retried a couple of time after initial fail, it is because server may be in a busy status, race condition etc..we need to retry mechenism in integration engine before set the message status to fail, same thing happen for adapter, if message fails on adapter engine, adapter engine also retry a couple of times before set the message status to fail.

Regards

Liang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> i would like to know why it is getting restarted auomatically.

This is an added advantage of middleware product in addition to message mapping, transformation , monitoriing etc. By default, Pi does for 3 times if the message transaction is failed due to target system down or connectivity issues, network slowness etc...

If you do application integration without middleware, you cannot achieve this...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the response, but why it is not happening for all the failed messages for other interfaces.... it is happening only for this interface.

Thannk You,

Madhav

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if any jobs (T-code SM37) are scheduled for report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES for the interface.

Regards,

Deepak

0 Kudos

Restart is depends also on the type of error. So it might be the case that other interface are having error in which they cant be restarted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because there will be a setting done in SXMB_ADM--Integration Engine configuration.

category>TUNING Parameters>IS_RETRY_LIMIT

Regards