cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0: Agent determination Error - Can WF be re-started?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are implementing SRM 7.0. We have workflow approval process for few of the procurement documents and one of them being Contracts.

Our approver determination and fallback agent determination are through custom tables. During testing, one of our workflow instance for Contracts went into Error status. The reason being the custom tables were not maintained. The User, despite knowing the table was not maintained, still went ahead and released for approval. The Document status shows as Awaiting approval but the workflow status is in Error. As a result of this we are not able to re-call the document to re-release after maintaining the approvers in custom table. We are not able to re-start the wokflow as well.

Is it not possible to re-start the WF? I have read somewhere that it is not possible to re-start an Error WF in a Process controlled scenarios. Is it true? Also, can you give some suggestions on how to tackle these kind of situations? We could run into these kind of situations quite often.

Thanks in Advance,

Reji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

try to restart through T.Code SWPR..find the header workitem id and restart..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saravanan for your reply. I tried re-starting through SWPR and still end up with the same Error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The another option is to delete the contract version.. you can do this calling the BBP_PD_CTR_DB_DELETE & BAPI_TRACTION_COMMIT by sequential. get the change version guid from BBP_PD and pass the GUID to BBP_PD_CTR_DB_DELETE. make sure you have put 'X' for iv_save_on_db flag... this is not good way to do.. but the worst case this might help..

or try to release the contract via SWO1 - BUS2000113 - SETRELEASED method..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, the Business owners may not have access to SE37 nor to swo1 in a live system. I will propose the swo1 solution to them so that they can coordinate with the WF admin if error occurs.

For now I have changed the process schema to work in such a way that the document goes to an Automatic Rejection if there are no agents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

don't you implement the get_fallback_agent method?

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have implemented the GET_FALLBACK_AGENTS method. Fallback agents come from a custom table too. The business concern was about the Error scenario when both Approvers and Fallback agents are empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically, I have always build the logic in the fall back method as , first get the workflow admin user id (SWU3) by calling 'SWD_GET_CUSTOMIZING'..if this fails to determine the approver then find the approver from custom table..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I will propose this suggestion too.