cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit Plug not getting fired from standalone Web Dynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a standalone Web Dynpro Application and on click of a button I need to redirect the user to a new page, which is an external application. Something like https://inbox/jsp/inbox.jsp.

I am using this as a parameter for the Exit Plug

String URL = "https://inbox/jsp/inbox.jsp";

wdThis.wdgetViewInterfaceController.wdFirePlugExit(URL);

But the exit plug does not get fired at all. There is no action. I have set the SAP authentication as true for the Application in the Application properties.

Is there anything that I am missing here. I am using NW2004S. Has something changed ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Warm regards,

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

Create an Exit Plug in Interface View with the parameter "Url". Make sure that you are giving the parameter name as like above i.e., with exact Case Sensitive.

Once created, now fire your plug wdThis.wdInterfaceView().wdFireExitPlug("abc.com");

Regards

Nizamudeen Sm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nizammudin,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have created an exit plug in the interface view, named it exitPlug and have also declared a parameter called url of type String, as mentioned by you.

I am firing the plug on click of a button in the same view, but it just does not get triggered at all. When I click on the button it just acts like a dummy button thats all and then the application expires.

The same functionality used to work fine in 6.4, we just upgraded to 7.0, do you think that could be the reason for this behaviour ?

Can you give me any other hints as to why the plug is not getting triggered.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Warm regards,

Rashmi

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

1. I dont think the upgradation will affect on this regard.

2. Have you created the Parameters as "Url"?

3. Can you try this,

wdThis.wdInterfaceView().wdFireExitPlug("/irj/portal?logout_submit=true");

Regards

Nizamudeen SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nizamudeen,

Thanks a lot for your help. I was able to solve the problem, I had created the parameter as 'url ' instead of 'Url'. As soon as I changed that it worked.

Thanks again.

Warm regards,

Rashmi

Answers (0)