cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV02n file open issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created document with PDF file and checked in. When I go to CV02n to view the PDF files by double clicking on it, I see at the bottom of the screen data getting transffered but the file does not open. If I right click on the file I can copy the file to my machine and look at the file.

How can I double click on the file and make it open?

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Check whether u av defined workstation application in TCode DC:30.If it is not been defined ,Kindly click on New Entries and define as select thdefine it as

WS application : PDF

Description : Acrobat Reader

Archive identification : *

File suffix for appl. : pdf

File format : *.pdf

Check the box start Authorisation and save.Then select the application PDF and click on "Define workstation application in network" on LHS .Click on New Entries and enter the below values

Workstation application : PDF

Data carr. type : PC

Application Type : 1

Path with prog. name : %AUTO%

Continue the same settings for application type 2 &3 .It should look like this

PC PDF 1 Acrobat Reader %AUTO%

PC PDF 2 Acrobat Reader %AUTO%

PC PDF 3 Acrobat Reader %AUTO%

Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhanu,

What goes in MIME TYPE field which comes after

WS application : PDF

Description : Acrobat Reader

Archive identification : *

File suffix for appl. : pdf

File format : *.pdf

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain mime type as " application/pdf ". For a complete list of all mime types, please refer http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/MIMETypeReady+Reckoner

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Possible reasons could be incorrect parameters maintained for PDF 'workstation application in network' or issues with your ECL viewer.Could you share the settings maintained for your PDF workstation application?

Many a times during SAP GUI installation, the ECL viewer component is not selected. Do ensure that this is in place else you may download and install the latest ECL viewer from SAP market place.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar