cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Netweaver conceptually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to get my head wrapped around SAP Netweaver and I am hoping someone can help solidify my understanding.

Here is how I understand.

1. Netweaver is a Technology platform consisting of an application server on which one can deploy composite applications developed in either Java or ABAP. (Deployment restricted to type of Application server - Java or ABAP)

2. SAP ECC 6.0 is a collection of composite applications developed by SAP AG that cover various functional areas of a business like Accounting, HR etc. These applications run on Netweaver platform (application sever to be precise)

3. SAP Business Suite is a product that consists of various composite applications which cover a broad range of functional business areas (more than those covered by SAP ECC 6)..eg CRM etc.

Is my understanding correct ? if not what am I missing and any help with clarifying will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the book SAP in 24 hours to be helpful in understanding this. Most of what I have mentioned as my understanding stays correct. You dont need to buy this book just to understand it. as only a few chapters were relevant to my questions. Although it give a good break down of lot of things related to SAP and could be used as a reference.

I figured I'd post what I found so it could be useful to someone else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad you found the information yourself.

Netweaver is the paltform on which you will be able to run all SAP applications ( SAP Business Suite). Basically it consists for kernel and abap and Java components depending upon your usage type. kernel will be residing at OS level. ABAP and JAVA components are on the database. Some information for JAVA components will also be at OS level and evey you restart the java system, bootstrap process will sync OS with the database

Hope this gives more information in addition to what you gathered.

Thanks!

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody ??