cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS tutorial

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to learn to use NWDS for BPM/BRM development.

Can anyone send me link or documents related to this starting from the very basic to advanced.

Thanks

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Is it possible to export customer system (for example CE 7.2) projects and components into my local NWDS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

well, I'd start here:

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-19016

Cheers,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I got to know about the steps regarding the NWDI and NWDS track and import

But in the environment I am working on, there is no SLD configured and I am not able to connect to dtr also to see the components available.

How else would I be able to import the components from NWDI track to NWDS

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hey Mike,

sorry for the late answer, I was pretty overloaded recently.

You need to ask for the SCA file which includes the sources. (You can figure out this easly by simply looking into the SCA file. It is just a zip like archive so you can extract it with winzip, winrar, or using "jar -xvf <the SCA file>". If it has a folder called SOURCEARCHIVES then you can import it into your NWDS and look into it what kind of DC have been developed inside (of course a prerequisite is that the SC has been assembled not with the option "include only sourcepointers"). If all these prerequisites are fullfilled, then you can simply import the SCA file into your NWDS CE (you do this in "Development Configuration" perspective --> selecting the "LocalDevelopment" development confuguration available by default. In its context menu there is an option for importing SCs).

If we speak about a 700 version, then as far as I know you cannot just simply import the SCA file directly (there is no such option in NWDS 700), but you need to create a track first which has a dependency to this SCA, and then by importing the development configuration of this track you"ll be able to see and modify this SC (one restriction: if this SC origins from a different NWDI domain, you cannot alter the SP and patch level of this SC). Regarding this approach you need to create a product/software-unit/software in SLD which refers this SC (important, it has to be a build-time dependency), and then you need to put the SC file physically into the <transport folder>/CMS/inbox folder (figure out your transport folder from the "Domain Data" Tab of your CMS webui -- Landscape Configurator), check-in the file ("Check-in" tab in Transport Studio of CMS), and import into (at least the DEVelopment buildspace -- "Development" tab in CMS' Transport Studio). Once it is done, you can start up your NWDS and import the development configuration (_Dev) of this track. Since you have specified the dependency to this SC for your custom SC, checked in and imported into the DEV buildspace , it shall show up in your NWDS (important: inactive view. Active is reserved for CBS, one must not ever check out from there).

I hope it is clear, let me know if you have any further questions to this.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Ervin. I understood some of the steps. But looks like a risky and lengthy process as I am very new to these files and components in NWDS.

Is there a standard SAP document with screenshots (like BPM exercises) I can get anywhere in SDN?

Appreciate your effort

-mike

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

could you please rephrase and elaborate your question for better understanding?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure,

I have a project in CE server (deployed in Customer CE server) by another developer and I would like to export it to my local NWDS in my PC to see what are the DCs. how can we achieve this? the components deployed in the NWDI can be imported to NWDS back ?

-mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be in other ways, how can I connect to NWDI track of CE server and import the components to NWDS

If I am asking some basic stuffs, pls excuse me as I am novice to BPM/BRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody?

The step by step instruction on how to download to NWDS the components of a CE server NWDI track