cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master-Slave Sync Error:A qualified link was not found or does not match

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a Master-Slave Sync job scheduled to run at regular intervals thru CLIX. It runs successfully normally.

We got this error in last sync, Slave did not sync and all subsequent sync jobs failed.

"Error: 0xffaa100d, A qualified link was not found or does not match the existing link".

Do you know what could have gone wrong in data updates and how to find the issue in data and how we can avoid it?

Thanks

Pravin Bhute

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please refer to this note if you are using MDM 5.5:

1342402 - Fail to synchronize slave

BR,

Carlos

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the note. Issue is exactly same. We are on MDM 7.1. The note says issue have been fixed with later version in MDM 5.5. But the issue is still there with MDM 7.1. I could not see a correction note for 7.1.

Regards

Pravin Bhute

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

With the information provided, there is no way to know what caused this issue. When it happens, be sure to normalize the Master and create a new slave. If it keeps happening, consider opening an OSS ticket so that the issue can be investigated and monitored.

BR,

Carlos

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Yes, that is what we are doing. Create new slave after normalizations. It happended second time. Need a fix for this. Earlier note only applies to MDM 5.5. I would open an OSS.

Regards

Pravin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin

Since you have already worked on setting up the CLIX scenario for reposiotry synchronization, I thought of asking this question to you.

Basically we are also trying to set up a CLIX scenario for reposiotry synchronization and trying to use the error/success codes to take some other actions.

The problem we are facing is - when i enter wrong password for in my CLIX command it is getting regarded as no error with a 0 return code.

For succesful run also I am getting 0 as return code.

However for any other errors (if repository is not mounted, wrong server name etc) I am getting a specific error code which is correct.

Wanted to ask if "an invalid password is not regarded as an error" by CLIX?

Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

a change in the schema of the master ... and subsequent NO changes in the slaves could lead to this problem as well

make sure if theres a change in the schema of the master / deletion of the slaves / normalization / creation of the slaves are done before synch.

see if theres a pink thunder sign on the slaves suggesting theres NO link between the M and the Ss.

thanks

-Adrivit