cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are getting Invoices from our Vendors with the Attachment.

After it comes into XI, the Invoice Data and the Attachment(PDF) needs to be separated and then needs to be sent into R/3 system. The Invoice data goes into R/3 as an IDOC.

How should I achieve this in Message Mapping? How to separate the Invoice data and the PDF Attachment?

The adapters needs to be used?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is not possible out of the box. Most adapters like RFC adapter, BPM and mapping cannot deal with attachments.

When your application system is based on 6.20, you could create an ABAP proxy which deals with the attachment and calls inside the IDOC and the RFC.

Another approach is using a Java Proxy which runs on the XI server. It receives the message and sends two seperate messages out, one for the invoice, one for the attachment.

You could use as well an adapter module, but you can only combine the invoice and the attachment to one payload and do a message split with different mappings later.

Here an idea for an adapter module:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/15/copy-a-file-with-same-filename-using-xi

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan. We are receiving the Invoices from our vendor, using a FILE ADAPTER, with attachments.

Now once it reaches the XI box, I want to separate the Data (Invoice) and the attachment.

The Data will go to my R/3 system using an IDOC adapter and my Attachment will goto the same R/3 system using a File Adatper.

Unfortunately we are NOT on WAS 6.20 or >.

Thanks.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you use the file adapter, wouldn't it be possible to upload the invoice and attachments with different sender channels? Then you would not need to seperate them later.

Regards

Stefan