Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Classification - User Licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a User that has been classified as "mySAP Professional". Now I have the need to classify this user as "mySAP Limit Professional".

I've modified the classification to "mySAP Limited Professional". In terms of system administration what is that i have to do more?

The authorizations of these user have to be adjusted or can remain the same?

Thanks in advanced,

Regards,

Serafim Carvalho

6 REPLIES 6

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Limited Professional and Professional user differs in terms of access. If you classified it as limited professional then you need to change authorizations as well.

Thanks

Sunny

0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your reply.

How can I know the appropriate authorizations for each type of user classification.

Is there any SAP documentation with that information?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Serafim Carvalho

0 Kudos

Hi,

Classification of limited professional and professional user in terms of authorizations depends upon your contract with SAP. Please contact your SAP Manager for this.

Thanks

Sunny

0 Kudos

A example of limited professional is help desk people who normally does user lock/unlock/password reset/role assignment/delete etc. So the user manager should be aware what limited access the user should have that's why they are clissified as limited professional.

regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search SAP documentation for USSM and documentation of License Audit Preparation. I know there is a PDF available that is explaining the different user categories and gives examples.

0 Kudos

As per SAP System Measurement Guide mySAP Professional user is a named user who performs operational roles in the oraganisation and Limited Professional is one who occasionally performs limited operational roles.These can be employee of a third party such as customer's customer ,suppliers, temporary employee, independent contractor. I dont think this clasiification

has any relatation with user's authorization level . It sounds more like usage of SAP software.Hope this helps.