cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Development , QA , Production Landscap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to design a document that shows the XI dev,QA & Production systems. Can anyone tell me where can i find such a image.

Also do we create seperate SLD for development and production or only create one SLD and export that as a file and finally import in the production.

And how do we transport objects from development from dev to QA or production.Is there any other way apart from exporting tbz file and then copy the tbz file and put it in the import directory in the QA server. I mean the way we do in R/3.

Thanks

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

try <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/e1/69a740aa053a13e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">Transporting Using the Change Management Service</a>. You will find as well some pictures there.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for that link. I actually want a pic wherein apart frm XI all the other business systems are also there. And also want to know if more than XI servers are installed or only XI server is installed.

My question is that what if the XI server fails? Do we have a switchover software in that case ?

Thanks,

Sumit

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

>I actually want a pic wherein apart frm XI all the other business systems are also there.

of course you have to create a picture of your individual system landscape for your own. Come on, take powerpoint.

>And also want to know if more than XI servers are installed or only XI server is installed.

Sometimes you should read again what you wrote before pressing the "post" button

>My question is that what if the XI server fails? Do we have a switchover software in that case ?

This is not a special XI theme. Read the guid "SAP Exchange Infrastructure in High Availability Environments" at service.sap.com/ha ->Media Library ->Documentation->Misc. Documentation

or read

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/08/5741114ae611d1894f0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm">SAP High Availability</a>

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have that pdf with me.

Sumit

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at this blogs,

<a href="/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation">XI Software Logistics -- SLD Preparation</a>

<a href="/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview">XI Software Logistics -- Overview</a>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

Answers (0)