cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW - Start Routine - Get Request ID of PSA Request currently in process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I would like to get the Request ID of the PSA request I'm currently processing in a data package. My DTP is configured to load all new data request by request.

In the start routine the field "request" only contains the request id of the request which will be created in DSO afterwards.

Business reason for this:

In PSA I have a request for each day (e.g. 21.02.2011, 22.02.2011, 23.02.2011). I would like to use these dates for reporting later on. This means in my DSO I want to have 21.02.2011 for each dataset of the first package, 22.02.2011 for each dataset of my second package, and so on.

I already found table RSSELDONE containing needed information. But to read it, I need request ID of PSA requests.

Any help will be great!

Thank a lot in advance, Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank, good to hear from you after same time. Hope you doing well.

To your question: I would try to see if there is some method for this available in class:

IF_RSBK_REQUEST_ADMINTAB_VIEW

regards, Martin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to complete this Thread:

To solve my problem I used following way:

1. I enhanced data source within source system. It now gives me a field containing date of the data load. That's how I get needed data for my new records.

2. For reprocessing the old records, I wrote an ABAP program which enhances this new field within PSA data base table directly. Information of Requests (e.g. date of load) can be found within table RSSELDONE.

3. Loading data again from PSA to DSO using DTP worked fine afterwards.

With kind regards, Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

great hearing from you, too! World of SAP is small...

Unfortunately Interface IF_RSBK_REQUEST_ADMINTAB_VIEW does not provide a method delivering the request id of PSA request.

Nevertheless thanks a lot for this hint.

@ TG: No, there's no 0CALDAY information within source data. That's why I would like to take the date when request has been loaded into PSA.

Best regards, Frank

0 Kudos

Dear Frank

Not sure I understand your issue or not.If not,negelect the below suggestion.

If you have 0CALDAY in Transaction record,put filter in DTP on OCALDAY to process the data date by date.Ex.,apply SY_DATUM logic it will pick only today data and send to DSO as a separate request.Tomoroiw it picks up tomorows data and send to DSO as a separate request.

If you dont have OCALDAY same can be acheived through start routine by using PSA table name.

Thanks

TG