cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error executing Query - Could not carry out all normings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a simple query and a huge problem.

I designed the query putting 0CALMONTH as column and under 0CALMONTH i have a structure with on Key figure and one formula.

This formula is simple and is just a "SUMCT" of this one Key figure.

I have just one characteristic as a Row.

Executing this Query, i have the error:

"Could not carry out all normings"

But if 0CALMONTH is changed from column to row, it works fine!!

In this report the column of the formula has just "X"´s, but in the global result of the query the values are right.

The Key figure definition : "Amount" type, the data type is

"CURR - Currency field, stored"

and Unit / currency is 0CURRENCY.Aggregation is defined as "Summation" and the Exception aggregat. as "Summation" too.

My BW version is 3.1

Any ideas about this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Welcome to SDN...

Check out note:164352

Symptom --

When you use Function 'NORMING' / 'characteristic' -> 'Normalize to' -> 'Result' / 'Calculate single value as - norming...' a warning may be displayed: "Could not carry out all normings".

The same message may occur when the formula operators %CT, %GT, %RT, SUMCT, SUMGT or SUMRT are used.

Other terms

OLAP, Business Information Warehouse, InfoCube, report, query, presentation, norming, overall result, query result;

Could not carry out all normings; %CT; %GT; %RT; SUMCT; SUMGT; SUMRT

Reason and Prerequisites --

The characteristics in the list are expanded both horizontally and vertically. However, the presentation in percent only affects the yellow totals cells.

Note that the norming to 'Result' is not unique in lists which are expanded twice since you could do the norming for both the column totals and the line totals.

For this reason, the norming for such a double expansion is only done where it is unique and a warning may be displayed: "Could not carry out all normings".

If the 'Calculate' -> 'Single values as' -> 'Normalization of Results'

function is used as key figures, it may also happen that the norming is NOT done in a unique manner. In such cases, in BW Release 2.x/3.x, a red 'X' appears in the corresponding cells of BEx Analyzer, indicating that the OLAP processor could not execute a calculation.

Solution

This is not an error but a normal system response.

Possibility 1:

Specify characteristics only on one axis.

Possibility 2:

As of the system requirements outlined in Note 643591, it is possible, for example, to determine the direction in which the system calculates ('calculate along the rows axis or the columns axis') for normalization or cumulation (definable in the properties of a structure element). This direction of calculation then clearly defines for BW whether the results rows in the rows or columns serve as a reference point for the standardization or cumulation operation.

In this way, normings can be determined using the function 'Calculate' -> 'Single value as' -> 'Norming to ... Result', rather than using formulas (with %CT).

However, for SUMCT operations in Business Warehouse 3.X releases, there is no alternative. Changes are planned for the upcoming BW release.

-

Assign points if useful,

Arun

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Another associated note:

Note:643591

Symptom

Up to and including 3.0B Front-end Patch 8/3.0B Support Package 14, in the executed report only the direction of the calculation could be set in the key figures.

With this setting, you can, when caclulating local data (for example, norming) specify if the calculation is to be performed by rows or by columns.

As requested by a large number of customers, you will also be able to specify the direction of the calculation as of 3.0B front end patch 9 and 3.0B Support Package 15.

This function is also available in the navigator as of 3.0B Front-end Support Package 11.

Other terms

Query, property, calculate, local, calculation, local aggregation, direction

Reason and Prerequisites

You are using the BW3.0 front end.

Solution

• BW3.0B

The consistent behavior is implemented as of BW 3. 0B front-end patch 9 and BW 3.0B Support Package 15.

You can check the installation of the front-end patch with sapbexc.xla (see note 197460): on the local PC and on the installation server.

Arun

Assign points if it helps