cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade related query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Upgrading from 5.5 SP5 to 7.1 SP6.

During check verify found "Non- Fatal errors" related to hierarchy display fields in 5.5 System.

$$$ Hierarchy table SMT Classifications must have a FixedWidthTextField as its primary display field.

$$$ Non-fatal error(1357): Hierarchy table A2i_16's primary display field F28 must be at least 30 characters long.

$$$ Hierarchy table Site / Production lines must have a FixedWidthTextField as its primary display field.

$$$ Non-fatal error(1357): Hierarchy table A2i_22's primary display field F57 must be at least 30 characters long.

$$$ Hierarchy table European Product Hierarchy must have a FixedWidthTextField as its primary display field.

$$$ Non-fatal error(1357): Hierarchy table A2i_25's primary display field F201 must be at least 30 characters long.

My question is : Can i go ahead with upgrade procedure as per the guide even if this errors are not resolved by "REPAIR" ...According the SAP the non-fatal errors are no real errors..So is that okie to go ahead? or any other suggestion?or how can i resolve this issue?

Please help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can go go ahead with "Repair Option". it will resolve your non-fatal errors.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, it is not resolving the errors, and after "REPAIR" it is still giving the same error

So, my question is - even after doin "REPAIR" it is not solving the non- fatal errors, can i go ahead with the upgrade procedure? will it create any issue after the upgrade?

Please suggest !

Regards,

Harmony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harmony,

As you are upgrading from MDM 5.5 SP5, since in MDM 5.5 SP06 patch 4 and lower versions the minimum of 30 characters is incorrectly applied to Hierarchy tables as well due to a program error.

You can try this below solution which can help you.

Solution: If you have still MDM 5.5 Server available, before taking Archive you should increase the Taxonomy primary display field to at least 30 characters using MDM console afterward just try check verify, it will not show any non-fatal error. Now take archive and then unarchive in MDM 7.1 SP6. Since it was not corrected in MDM 5.5 SP5 before taking Archive, it is showing same error in MDM 7.1 SP6 when you unarchived.

If you can not try above solution and it does not work, Please raise an OSS Note for confirmation. As I have found 2 Notes:

As per SAP Note: 1295624 - Hierarchy table must be at least 30 characters error - MDM, The non fatal error for hierarchies will no longer appear in MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch05. But here in this Note, they didn't provide any information for higher version (above MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch06 ).

Again fixed in MDM 7.1 SP2, SAP Note 1329424 - SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1 SP02 Release.

So I am sure this is more or less bug which again came in your version MDM7.1 SP6 which should be fixed. Please raise an OSS Note to SAP.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harmony,

Change the Display property of that field to Yes and increase the size of that field of all the 3 Hierarchy tables. It should solve your problem.

regards:

Gaurav