cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLAR01 authorisations - restruct document status that are visible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been trying to restrict the documents that my users can see. I have used the IMG node "Assign Status Values for Read Authorisation" which refers to composite role SAP_SOL_RE_COMP. I have selected only "RELEASED" as the value in this IMG node.

I have copied this role into the customer namespace as stated in the help documentaiton and completed it as best I can however I cannot get the restriction I want - I always get all documents shown.

It seems that the roles

SAP_STWB_2_READ

SAP_STWB_INFO_READ

Have the necessary restriction? I am guessing that S_IWB_ATTR is the correct object - is this wrong??

although the documentation referrs to S_IWB I cannot find anything within that object that would restrict by document status - please correct me if I am wrong.

I have assumed that Attribute of document (IWB_PRPNAM) is the correct attribute to change?? I have chosen IWB_STATE - is this correct?

I have then set the attribute value to RELEASED.

Clearly the assumptions I have made are completely incorrect since the authorisation seems to be being completely ignored.

How can I restrict the documents that my user see.

regards

Marina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

you can only prevent users to actually open or edit a document, you can not hide it in the tab.

So the user will see that a document is there (for example in tab "project documentation") and what it is named, but he will not be able to open it.

This should be possible with the mentioned authorizations.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - I had sort of come to that conclusion myself.... I think I might just have to move some documents "elsewhere" to prevent the users making use of them.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Marina,

I am not a security person, but have you checked the SAP Solman Security Guide?

Also please have a quick look at this post as it might give a hint -

Regards,

Paul