cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract data from AIF PDF file in ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to extract data (in a structure created in the form interface) from a pdf file (generated with AIF in sap) with the standard object (function, class methode...)?

Thanks

Edited by: f.sultan on Feb 23, 2011 1:10 PM

Edited by: f.sultan on Feb 23, 2011 1:11 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not exactly sure what you are asking...but if you are asking if you can retrieve data from a form...then yes, of course.

Are you using Web Dynpro ABAP as the container?

Is this an online/offline scenario?

The IF_XML interfaces will help you extract the XML data from the form in an offline type scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, what I did:

- Transaction SFP: I created an interface and an aif form. A structure is included in the interface import parameters.

- I created a report that populate data in the structure and create the PDF file from the AIF FORM and data in the system

Now I want to create a report program who extract data from the created file to a structure...

I'm using Web Dynpro ABAP.

I found CL_FP_PDF_OBJECT class. do you already use this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I usually use if_fp_pdf_object to create the PDF object and then you can use the XML interfaces to extract the data...And then you can do whatever you want after that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the context node, declare an attribute with type xstring. Bind it to the pdfSource property of Interactive form UI element. After form submission, you will get the data within the form in XML format by reading this attribute. Parse the XML and get the data.

If all the fields are properly bound to the context node, then you will get the data directly by reading the nodes.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh