cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Receiver SOAP adadpter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

While trigeering PI synchronous message with SOAP as receiver adapter, I am receiving error in the response message as

"Adapter Framework caught exception: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 Internal Server Error".

The scenario is SAP -> PI -> SOAP (Legacy ).I tried options like opening the url maintained in receiver communication channel in explorer it points to webservice.

I had the same issue in Development and the issue got resolved by changing the url in the receiver channel but doesnt work

in Quality.

Regards

Robinson T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robinson,

the PI soap adapter should send content-type "application/soap+xml". I assyume, that the response has the wrong content-type. If you cant influence the response: you could missuse the http adater instead and build the SOAP envelope during the mapping.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009 - could you have a look?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I refered and maintained the changes in Cc as per the blog

/people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/01/09/troubleshooting-soap-message--xi

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

and still receiving the system error in synchronous message as reponse

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException:

invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 Internal Server Error in Tx sxmb_moni.

I tried all possibilites from PI perspective.Also I dont have the test tool like XMLSpy to check the error.

1.Is there any possiblity that the request message which had send data resulted in the error in PI?

2.Would the test of message payload in the adapter engine available in Runtime workbench provide any information?

Regards

RT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RT,

Check in the wsdl whether any enumerations are there. Because the same happened to me once. And as it is showing IO exception, problem with data is possible.

Also you can check the URL in the IE and test whether the URL is reachable from your end.

Thanks,

Tiny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

first af all check your target system response. I'm sure it is not valid SOAP and it returns something else (a HTML page maybe? (content type text/html)).

So you maybe send a wrong request or there is some issue in the target system/application.

Let us know the result from the target system after you call it.

A.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robinson,

as mentioned before:

I suspect that the request is going to a 500 error and the server sends back an error msg as html. The PI SOAP adapter can not handle that.

You can test the service as well with freeware tool SOAP UI to assure the service (wsdl) is working (or not).

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to test the service mentioned in the blog

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/03/29/troubleshooting-soap-http-and-mail-adapter-scenarios-with-tcpgateway (TCPGateway)but with no result.

The target url mentioned in the Receiver Cc also points to web service when opened in the Internet Exp.

Should I need to contact the receiver application team for the web service url or this could be a problem with the data

send by the sender SAP application.

Regards

Robinson T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I presume that the url present in the adapter engine cache url is not correct.

1.Login to PI server , go Tx sxmb_moni -> click on Goto -> Adapter Engine Cache.

The entry present in the Adapter Engine cache url should be in the form

http://<Integration Server name>:<com.sap.aii.connect.integrationserver.r3.httpport>/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI

Kindly correct if it is wrong.

2.The above url should also match with the entries present for Adapter Framework in SLD.

In the link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/ChangingHTTPPortofdecentralizedAdapterEngine, there is the

mention of Content Maintainance -> XI Adapter Framework where one has to check the Port for XIRA of af.SID.

I am working in PI7.1 ( Service Pack:08 Release: NW07_08_REL ), but I could not see the above mentioned navigation.

Waiting for the reponse.

Regards

RT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I finally resolved the issue. The solution was found when I tried to re-triigger the failed messages in the target application and I found the same error.

There was a missing file in the target application because of which the acknowledgement from the target was showing system error.

Thanks everyone for their response.

Regards

Robinson T

0 Kudos

Try to use some web service testing tool, like wsnavigator to test the same url you have used in SOAP cc.

and there might be some problem with the data that you are passing in the request to web service.

Above test will give you more clarity if the web service is working fine or not.

/Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the reply from Mark Smith on the below thread-

[]

0 Kudos

Hi Robinson,

Check if it helps:

Error: 500 Internal Server Errors

Description: The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Possible Tips: Have a look into SAP Notes u2013 804124, 807000

Regards,

Caio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the response. I tried with the steps mentioned in the notes and I could not solve the issue.

Can you suggest me some more suggestion to solve the issue?

Regards

Robinson

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DONT COPY PASTE LINKS

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on Mar 5, 2011 5:06 PM

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through these links, it might be helpful to you.

DONT COPY PASTE LINKS

Regards,

Rajesh

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on Mar 5, 2011 5:04 PM