cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some questions regarding SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have some questions regarding the functionality of the SAP XI. I would like to know, whether the following requirements can be realized with SAP XI or not.

I will be very thankful if someone can help me by answering of the following questions (if it is possible, Yes/No and with short comment)

SECURITY

a) Non-shareable Administrative account (e.g. bound to LDAP, NT Authentication or other)

BATCH PROCESSING

a) Ability to trigger batch processes, and an API to trigger batch processes via an external 3rd party scheduling utility

SYSTEM MONITORING

a) Master/Slave client monitoring

b ) configurable audit logs (including mandatory authenticated administrative use logging)

RELEASE STRATEGY

a) Enhancements to enable 0 downtime for upgrades to the core products

what about incremental procedures?

PATH to PRODUCTION

a) Automatic tools to assist in migration and tracking changes (e.g. Source control tools or features for code upgrades)

CAPACITY PLANNING GUIDELINES

a) Guidelines to size the server(s)?

b) Guidelines for sizing the over all environment for High-Availability

ARCHIVING CAPABILITIES

a) Approach to archiving of obsolete data

Thank you!

Regards!

A. Henke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thank you!

Do you also know the answers for the following questions?

<b>NETWORK ARCHITECTURE</b>

Deployable without using any fixed IP addresses (taking advantage of DHCP address resolution)

<b>SYSTEM MONITORING </b>

configurable audit logs (including mandatory authenticated administrative use logging)

<b>RELEASE STRATEGY </b>

Does your system run native to the Oracle 10g RDBMS (RAC) and database tools? If not, please explain the databases and tools supported.

database monitoring tools be used to manage impending maintenance needs and potential problems and performance impacts (i.e., tool will monitor and detect prior to real problem occurring)

use DBMS enforced referential integrity or program enforced referential integrity of data

standard pre-defined SQL queries and related calculations provided for use with industry standard reporting tools

database accept binary-large-objects (BLOBs) and be referenced via the relational engine.

Enhancements to enable 0 downtime for upgrades to the core products. <i>What about incremental procedures?

</i><b></b>

Software supported on OS clustered servers (If mutliple products, please indicate if all are support or list areas where clustering may not be recommended and why)

<b>RELATIONAL DATABASE</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SECURITY

a) Non-shareable Administrative account (e.g. bound to LDAP, NT Authentication or other)

>> Yes. The security can be managed by the user authorizations, by using HTTPS protocol if needed.

BATCH PROCESSING

a) Ability to trigger batch processes, and an API to trigger batch processes via an external 3rd party scheduling utility

>> Yes inside XI (thanks to a Job) but from a 3rd party, I didn't find an efficient solution. I continue to search a good one.

SYSTEM MONITORING

a) Master/Slave client monitoring

>> Yes for the Master and yes for the slave if you use the PCK (Partner Connectivity Kit) in order to send message/file to XI.

b ) configurable audit logs (including mandatory authenticated administrative use logging)

>> I don't know, I'm a developer. But I think it's possible.

RELEASE STRATEGY

a) Enhancements to enable 0 downtime for upgrades to the core products

what about incremental procedures?

>> It's like other SAP products. Thus upgrades are perfectly identified: see Support Package and OSS notes. It' not really difficult to implement it but be carefull: before to import the upgrade on your productive system, realize some "non-regression" tests in your development system. There are sometimes some bugs in the upgrade.

PATH to PRODUCTION

a) Automatic tools to assist in migration and tracking changes (e.g. Source control tools or features for code upgrades)

>> XI is an EAI. Thus no migration is needed for it (there is "no" functional data inside XI).

CAPACITY PLANNING GUIDELINES

a) Guidelines to size the server(s)?

b) Guidelines for sizing the over all environment for High-Availability

>> Yes bor both, for that read the doc "XI sizing" and "xi tunning guide".

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201...

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000592892005E.PDF

Regards

ARCHIVING CAPABILITIES

a) Approach to archiving of obsolete data

>> Yes it's possible.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/41/b715015ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/20bc3ff6beeb0ce10000000a114084/content.htm