cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic delta creation with Extractor Starter Kit - BW Datasource option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh, Rohit,

As per the wiki, http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/CPM/FAQ-DataExtractionforSpendPerformance+Management, the question:-

Do these starter kits have any support for delta (periodic data updates) after the initial load is completed?

A. Yes. Deltas are available (for all source objects that support delta mechanism) in both of the extraction options. You don't need to reload the full set of data, when you perform the periodic data updates.

I understand you can use the date range but this in my view is still a full load. We understand that you can create your own generic datasource based on the generated function module generated by generating the object, for e.g PO.

We have tried to do this for the object PO, thus the following:-

rso2 > create a new transaction datasource > base on generated datasource (Z_SADSERPPO) and use it's fm and extract strucutre :- Z_SAERPPO_DS fm , ZEXTR_ERPPO extr structure

When we goto to create a generic delta based on DATE_RANGE we get the error message ::-

Z_PDPOTEST: TABLES-paramter E_T_DATA for extractor Z_SAERPPO_DS is missing

Can you create a blog around this as we understand other customers have managed to create these deltas?

Best regards,

Pom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pom, I have exactly the same issue. Could you finally solve it?.

Also, if we use the option to Generate Datasource from Z_SA_DEDP transaction, we could see several values are hardcoded in the function that generates the datasource: all are create type 'Transactional DS', text is blank, component node is 'NODESNOTCONNECTED'. Added, I cannot make the delta load. It is always a full load. Any clue?

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

That's fine, please continue to use the Z_SA_DEPD to generate the datasource. If you then do a rsa2 on this datasource, you can see the underlying function module and the extract structure for this which is also fine.

The bizarre thing is that through rso2 for this generated extractor, you cannot see the fm associated for this, hence why the generic delta is not working.

What we thought of doing and in line with the sap recommendation was to create a new transaction datasource from tcode rso2 and base it on the above function module and extract structure, but when we goto choose the date_range as the generic delta, it doesn't work and gives the error.

Am still waiting an answer.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Pom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pom,

I was wondering what is the requirement for which you need delta enabled datasource only. Since managing delta on basis of date range will also give the same data set on extraction. Can you give more details.

Thanks,

Divyesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyesh,

Yes, the date range will work in either the data management ui or via a pseudo delta via BW. However, we understand from SAP, that it is possible to create a generic delta datasource which is visible via rsa7 in the source ECC system. This from our understanding, shows the tracking of the delta, etc?

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Pom