cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

target url in soap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am doing an Idoc to SOAP, in my receiver SOAP channel i am specifying the URL and SOAP action. I am using a business system which is assinged to a technical system as my receiver which is a third party and not a business component.

When i am moving to quality and production, these target URLs will change and i do not want to manually change them everytime i am moving them to a different envoironment., Is there any way that these URLs can be generated at runtime and not having to change them?

Similarly for the SLD business system changes, it can be solved using transport targets, am i right?

Thanks

UM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

usually when transporting the configuration objects you need to maintain the details of the communication channels in each environment.

you can of course maintain that at runtime using adapter specific message attributes (ASMA). you then need a mapping to set the dynamic configuration for it and then enable it in the receiver communication channel in the advanced tab.

however if you want to have them different per environment you either need something in the input message content that indicates in which environment the mapping is or you need a special function to give you the name of the environment. You can do that with an UDF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Business system name to reflect according to target system in that case u have to assign target group in SLD.

refer the below link:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm

For changing the URL u have to do it manually in SOAP channel.....

thanks

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chirag,

Thanks for replying.

Is there any way that we dont have to do it manually or it can be generated at runtime?

Thanks

UM

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per my knowledge u have to do changes manually in communication only...there is not automated process of setting up...

but for Business system u can do it from SLD....

chirag

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Is there any way that we dont have to do it manually or it can be generated at runtime?

Setting the target URL is a typical CONFIGURATION task. You should do that exactly 3 times, when you configure your channel in your PI layer.

There is no easy or short way to avoid this. Just put any later transport (like "all objects of scenario...") into the target PI system and delete the channel from the change list.

Regards,

Udo