Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user unable to view Excel button in ALV grid. Has full authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

A user in our copany is unable to view Excel button in ALV grid. Has full authorization to S_BDS_DS, S_ALV_LAYOUT.

Please note that this is not the export to Excel button. Its the excel icon which enables the users to view the output in excel format on screen.

I am able to view the Excel Button. can you pls advise what might be the possible root cause.

Are there any authorization objects as well that govern ALV Grid buttons (excel) display.

Please help.

Can we add/delete the buttongs in the ALV grid from somewhere..

Thanks,Phani

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. what tcode ? Z-tcode ?

2. other user able to see excel button ?

3. what missing authorization that su53 says ?

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno

0 Kudos

Its a standard SAP report.

The problem is that the button is not displayed ....not an action which is leading to missing authorization.

Yes other users are able to see it.

I have researched that the objects i mentioned are responsible for S_ALV_LAYOUT and S_BDS_DS to which the user has access.

0 Kudos

Have you checked S_GUI?

And what is happening if user use hot key (Shift+F4)?

Also check if the problematic user has any appropriate parameter entry?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

oic, only specific user, not all user.

I have a similar problem with you, but not excel button but inbox button on initial screen (session_manager)

deleting this user and re-create this user solved my problem.

hope it help you.

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you could let others know the name of the standard SAP report, it might help your cause