cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning sales to countries in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm interested in experiences relating to the following issue we're seeing when trying to design a DP solution.

We have Country as one of our characteristics. But how do you determine what country a given sale belongs to?

We have been going with the country that the customer comes from. However this causes problems when you have sales to a given country happening from several sales offices.It can happen that a customer is served from sales offices in several other countries.

This causes problems since the people from the sales offices will not recognize the figures for their country since it only contains sales to customers living in their country. And other sales offices might sell to their local country too further complicating the picture.

Some of this might be an organization issue (you could ban sales companies from selling outside their country). But how could it be handled in DP?

I was thinking that perhaps you need a further characteristic containing the country that a product was sold from. So you would track both from where a sold quantity comes from as well as where it was sold to.

Any comments to this or similar experiences with cross-country sales.?

Regards

Simon Pedersen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two characteristic, Ship to and Sold To are used to differentiate this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah that was sort of the direction we were going. But you would think this would be the right way to handle this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, I think that would take care of that.

Regards

Mani Suresh