cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem With Receiver Communication (File Adapter)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My SAP XI Version is 3.0 with Service Pack 7,I have a strange problem,

I have a flat file coming from Unix system,I need to convert this into XML and put a copy in the Archive mode and send the XML file,getting it converted into flat file format send it to the receiver.Here I have to do the content Conversion,So,I have done content conversion while configuring Sender and Receiver Communication Channel.

I am using NFS as Transport Proctocol.So, everthing was fine when i run the scenario,after activating.The Sender communication Channel is Archiving the files.But I am unable to see any file with receiver communication channel.

So,for this I have checked up with Adapter monitoring in Runtime Workbench. In my File Adapter My Sender as well as Receiver Communication Channels are in Green.They are mentioning that Sender Communction is sucessful and

RECEIVER COMMUNICATION IS Sucessful but no messages processed.

Can any one suggest what to do now.Everything is fine with Content conversion and Unix System.But my receiver is not receiving any messages.

Should any OSS notice or patch work needs to be applied.

Thank You,

KishoreJ.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my SXMB_MONI and with my Runtime Worbench,When I give my Sender and Receiver systems and my Interfaces.It shows me 0 Messages found.

Thank You,

KishoreJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I Guess you should first see if the file is being picked......for that do the following.

While configuring your Sender File Adapter, let the mode be DELETE. This way, we will know if the file is being picked by the File adapter. The file will be deleted and you can be sure that it has been picked up.

Next, look into the RWB--> FILE ADAPTER and see the log of the file adapter

and also, you can see the flow of your message in the integration engine in SXMB_MONI.

Ans still if your message is not showing up in SXMB_MONI, please do as explained below.

Increase logging and trace level in:

SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration -> Specific Configuration

Also create entries as follows in it:

LOGGING = 1

LOGGING_SYNC = 1

TRACE_LEVEL = 3

TRACE_LEVEL_PROPAGATION = 1

Also refer XI: I cannot see some of my messages in the SXMB_MONI

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have even changed the trace levels.But in my J2EE Logs,it shows me that no proper Sender Agrement found.But I have created the Sender Agreement,by giving proper Interface name and the service.I have even refreshed my cache.

But one thing is that,when I dont do content conversion,just send an XML message through my scenario from sender to receiver,its working fine.

I could see the result set in target directory.

I have checked up with my content conversion parameters.Looked up at my Adapter monitoring my communication channels are green.But my receiver Communication channel shows me no messages process until now.But my sender Communication channel show all messages processed.

I have even checked up with my SXMB_MONI,with regard to my interface.It shows me that no messages processed.

Can any one help me,where I am missing.

Thank You,

KishoreJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Can u mention the content conversion parameters specified by u.

Regards

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Intially I have even checked up with the Moni,but it shows me no messages processed.

Thank ou.

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

check whether all the objects in IR and ID are activated or not...

then clear delta cache SXI_CACHE (F6) and execute ur scenario and check in SXMB_MONI.

Regards,

Sridhar

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

then look to the Runtime Workbench Message Monitoring. Assumedly your message stuck before reaching the Integration Engine. What do you see there?

Regards,

Udo

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you dont c any of your messages in SXMB_MONI ref: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/10/xi-i-cannot-see-some-of-my-messages-in-the-sxmbmoni

Also do a check in the message monitoring @ runtime workbench and chk the trace there.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

plz check in SXMB_MONI, which service is receiving the message. Correct that in IB Directory "Receiver Determination".

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>RECEIVER COMMUNICATION IS Sucessful but no messages processed.

hey jus chk whether the mapping is sucessful because no messages r sent from XI to receiver adapter.goto SXMB_MONI to chk the status of messages.

cheers

jithesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do u see in SXMB_MONI ?

Your file is being picked up by the sender adapter.

Now check for the parameters at the receiver side. Are you using content convertion at the receiver side ?

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Check the receiver file adapter File path is correct or not?

Once Refresh Delta cache SXI_CACHE(F6) and execute u r sceanrio once again..

and also once check the payload in SXMB_MONI..

Regards,

Sridhar