Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have scenario where I want to create BPM. The flow should be:

Make call to JDBC map to structure then use the structure that was mapped to and make call to JDBC and write to file. Will this be possible? At the moment I have in BPM:

Receive step -> Transformation Step -> Send Step -> Receive Step -> Send Step.

Is This correct?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Make call to JDBC map to structure then use the structure that was mapped to and make call to JDBC and write to file.

I do not understand this.

Could you describe this in more then just one sentence?

Edited by: Stefan Grube on Feb 23, 2011 9:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

I do a JDBC call that returns me a ID then inside my mapping I call a stored procedure with the ID and the stored procedure returns we a value (this part works fine), I then basically want to use the target structure with the value from the stored procedure and use it at as a source structure and send it to make a JDBC call and the write result to file. Is this possible as it seems you canu2019t send from a BPM?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

JDBC->2 JDBC Lookups->File,use look up functionalty or write UDF at mapping level to execute stored procedure ..and end response to file(Target), you dont required BPM.

correct me if understood req wrong.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the response, Does the JDBC lookup return multiple values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this,

/people/william.li/blog/2008/01/02/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-import-sql-tables-metadata

If you are using PI7.1 then use this blog

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8661. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Thanks,