Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to Proxy Sync Scenaro - Binay attachments and Security

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a synch scenario.

our nonSAP application by sending empCode, is trying to receive the employee's Payslip PDF from ECC, via PI. The PDF size is around 17KB.

______                    ___________     ____      ________       _____________ 
|      |                  |           |   |    |    |        |     |             |
|NonSap|-->(empCode)----->|SoapAdapter|-->| PI |--->|Proxy   |---->|ECC          |
|Appl  |<--(payslipPDF)<--|(qos:BE)   |<--|    |<---|Inbound |<----|gets empCode |
|      |                  |           |   |    |    |Synch   |     |generates Pdf|
|______|                  |___________|   |____|    |________|     |_____________|

Have following queries:

1.the PDF to be returned, is it better to convert the pdf into Xstring and pass the Xstring as a field of Payload XML

2.I checked the Michal Krawczyk's blog [ABAP Proxies with attachments| http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3509] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];, is it good to pass pdf as it is as an binary attachement.

Does soap adapter support additional binary attachements to be delivered to nonSAP webservice client applications.

3.In both the cases, the payslip data is little sensitive, so sxmb_moni team should not be able to easily see/interpret the payslip data. Is there any security feature that we can enable/use so that actual payslip data is visible to requesting nonSAP application, but the pdf data is little encrypted in the sxmb_moni messages.

thanks in advance,

Madhu_1980

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1.the PDF to be returned, is it better to convert the pdf into Xstring and pass the Xstring as a field of Payload XML

I think it is better to have this as attachment, as the attachment can be any binary

> 2.I checked the Michal Krawczyk's blog [ABAP Proxies with attachments| http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3509] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];, is it good to pass pdf as it is as an binary attachement.

> Does soap adapter support additional binary attachements to be delivered to nonSAP webservice client applications.

Yes.

> 3.In both the cases, the payslip data is little sensitive, so sxmb_moni team should not be able to easily see/interpret the payslip data. Is there any security feature that we can enable/use so that actual payslip data is visible to requesting nonSAP application, but the pdf data is little encrypted in the sxmb_moni messages.

In ABAP proxy, you could do an encryption and send the encrypted file as attachment. But you have to code this yourself.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> > 1.the PDF to be returned, is it better to convert the pdf into Xstring and pass the Xstring as a field of Payload XML

>

> I think it is better to have this as attachment, as the attachment can be any binary

Another option: Use base64 encoding to add the pdf to an XML tag. This might be easier compared to creating an attachment.

Answers (0)