cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profit center in sales order .... WRT to Distribution channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Folks,

Here is a strange requirement to my client...based on distribution channel profit center needs to be derived in sales order needs solution in Standard SAP if available...typical example Mat X serves from 3 Distribution channels.....3 different profit centers needs to be derived in sales order based on DC ....I suggested the Substitution rule in FICO...but client is denying that....he needs solution in SD only..if there is any wayout please let me know .

Best Regards,

SGR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

In std SAP, it is not possible to determine profit center using distribution channel. So you can straight away tell the customer that SAP doesnt provide the functionality like this.

Parallely you can also discuss with your FI consultant, if profit center group and hierarchy can help here. If this also doesnt help, you should convince the customer to go for an enhancement for this feature.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Defaulting PC from the material master is just one of the ways that SAP can do it, but since I can't currently remember anything about PCA I can't tell you what the others are!

However, I did find the following documentation which looks to be the "standard" way of doing what you want. This is the IMG documentation of transaction 0KEM (menu path SPRO-Controlling-- Profit Center Accounting-- Assignments to Profit Centers-- Sales Orders-- Sales Order Substitutions).

Define Substitution Rules

In this activity you define substitution rules for finding the default profit center for sales order items. It makes sense to use substitution rules if the profit center proposed from the material master does not meet your requirements.

Example

You want to use a sales office or a distribution channel as a profit center.

Standard Settings

No predefined substitution rules exist.

Activities

Proceed as described under Maintain Substitutions in Customizing for FI-SL Special Purpose Ledgers. The following are predefined in

Customizing for Profit Center Accounting:

o The application area (Profit Center Accounting)

o The callup point (Create Sales Order)

o The field to be substituted (Profit Center)

You can substitute the profit center with a constant value or by assigning a table field. It is also possible to use a user exit.

Additional Information

For more information on substitution rules, see the documentation for Financial Accounting on the component "FI-SL Special Purpose Ledgers" (in the chapter "Basic Functions"). Also, read the notes in the online documentation under Financial Accounting -> Special Ledgers ->Validation and Substitution -> Substitution.