cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freely programmed search help for multiple input fields

siongchao_ng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all, based on a demo example, I use freely programm search help for one of my input fields and it work.

Now, I need to re-use the same search help component again for my 2nd input field in my parent component that require search help as well.

I dont intend to create another search help component for my 2nd input field because if let say i have 20 input fields that requires search help, does that means I need to create 20 search help components and embed 20 of them into my parent component?

Anyone have any idea how?

Edited by: Siong Chao on Feb 23, 2011 6:47 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont intend to create another search help component for my 2nd input field because if let say i have 20 input fields that requires search help, does that means I need to create 20 search help components and embed 20 of them into my parent component?

NO need of creating 20 more search helps if you have these 20 attributes in the result table of the value help.

just check in the help from where the help is getting called and then pass the value accordingly.

here is a sample code where i am checking whether the search help is called from ID field or Location field and then passing

the required info back.

lo_listener = wd_comp_controller->value_help_listener.
lv_attrib_name = lo_listener->f4_attribute_info-name.

IF lv_attrib_name EQ 'ID'.

lo_listener->f4_context_element->set_attribute( value = lv_id
name = lv_attrib_name ).
ENDIF.
IF lv_attrib_name EQ 'LOCATION'.

lo_listener->f4_context_element->set_attribute( value = LOC
name = lv_attrib_name ).
ENDIF.
wd_comp_controller->fire_vh_data_selected_evt( ).

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chao,

I think For different inputfields, you have to create another searchhelp. In my previous development for 3 inputs i created 3 OVS helps. I think same follows for freely programed search help also.

Thanks,

Kris.