cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 Call offs against Central contracts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing Central contracts in extended classic scenario.We found that when call offs are done in srm by creating a PO in SRM with central contract as Source of supply, the Central contract fields in PO Line item does not get populated when the PO is transferred to ECC.Nor does the Release value get updated against the Backend contract (as seen in ME33K) though the release value is getting in SRM Central Contract document.This makes the release values in ECC Contract document out of sync with the value in SRM contract document.

Has any one faced this issue? Is this because of a missed setting or Is this a bug or is this the way it works?

Thanks

RamanAK.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@all: have a nice & naughty new year..

Can any one please brief me what is call offs ? why we use this feature in SRM ?

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Central contract is only residing in the SRM system centrally. The object in the ERP is a technical object for ERP PO call off referencing only. It cannot be edited too.

If you are creating ECS PO, the release information is immediately recognized in the SRM central contract. This is not the case where PO is created in the ERP calling off to the central contract technical object. There the release information needs to be sent to the SRM central contract through the SOA calling.

So based on what you have described, it's seemed there is confusion somewhere as the PO call off is not happening in the ERP but in SRM directly. Hence the release information must be presented in the SRM only since i am assuming you did not create ERP PO calling off to the SRM central contract for your scenario.

Regards.

YS

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi YS

let us wait for his reply on clarification.

Buyer get confused in this way .

Total value of contract - 1000 USD

1. for ECS - I create sc w.r.t CCTR and PO created locally for 100 USD - SRM contract PO call off updated as 100 USD

2. Create a PR w.r.t CCTR contract and PO created AND soa sent release value to SRM as 50 USD ,

(already call off 100 USD By SRM sc + 50 USD from pr = Now in SRM CCTR total release value is 150 USD).

3. But in ME33K - release value updated as only 50 USD not 150 USD

ECC might show available fund -950 USD and SRM treated remaining avaialble fund in the CCTR is 850 usd.

this confuses the BUYER / RAMANAK .

whatever piece of data in the ME33K or SRM CCTR front end must be sync- This is Purchaser expectation.

Note 1536389 - CCM: Release value not getting updated in ME33k for CC - I could see this note but could not understand what scenario it fits..

OTHER notes .

Note 1541241 - CCM: Release value for Product category items not send

Note 1360642 - CCM: Release Notification Service for Central Contracts

Note 1316931 - Supporting SRM central contracts call-off from SES

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

What you have explained is a unique requirement where you allows both ECS and classic PO to be created in both SRM and EPR respectively. The idea of ECS is to make all PO purchasing centrally within the the SRM. The idea of central contract is to consoliate all release information from backend into the SRM and yet able to use the SRM contract features.

But the mentioned requirement is going all over different system.. it is really unique which should not happen if proper purchasing governance was already in place. if the requirement is indeed valid, most likely it has to be logged as a product gap for SAP to send SRM ECS PO release value into the backend contract object.

Note 1536389 is when you create invoice referencing to a contract directly for purchasing which bypass PO but yet using an established central contract for calling off.

Regards.

YS

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Teo for your answers.

Muthuraman

Ramanak :-

explain your existing business scenario :--

sc - w.r.t contract

or

pr w.r.t contract

or

both

--

or commonly for your backend PO created and never release values updated in the SRM CCTR .is it not updated for only service ?

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

The exchange of information happens via XML meesages in our case..What we found is that

PurchaseorderErpcontractReleaseNotificationOut - ECC

PurchaseorderErpcontractReleaseNotificationin - SRM

are not getting triggered even though Services are active.

Are we missing any config steps here? We had checked all the steps as per the SAP note for Central contract /SOA set up and found that everything has been done correctly.

Thanks

RamanAK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Forgot to mention that Central contract was Distributed to ECC without any issues.

You are spot on regarding the explanation on the values going out of Sync between ECC and SRM. That is what is concerning us now.

Thanks

RamanAK.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you debug after you create a PO immediately

Object Function ME_UPDATE_AGREEMENT_CC in ECC

• Send the Release Information as part of Release_Notification Enterprise Service (ESOA)

IF NOT lt_relinfo_esoa[] IS INITIAL AND i_ekko_new-bstyp EQ bstyp-best.

CALL METHOD cl_mmbsi_po_rel_out=>process_out

EXPORTING

it_ekab = lt_relinfo_esoa[]

it_srvekab = xsvab[].

ENDIF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add to what I had mentioned before:

After the PO is saved and when we click on u2018Backu2019 button we get an u201CUpdate was terminatedu201D message. In ST22 there is a dump log for this message (please find the log attached). On analyzing this log we found an error in function Module u2018ME_UPDATE_AGREEMENT_POu2019 and an issue with data stored in table J3A_XBEKET.

Note: In our ECC system AFS module is enabled.

Thanks

RamanAK

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it happening for all the materials or some specific one .

The release values are updated in me33k but it was not updated means it is issue.

but you are geting dump once you created a PO. you need to deeply study why this dump occurs . is it only for AFS materials only

Note 1378834 - Release Order Docu. not created when contract is called off

Normally E* table stores all the PO release value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the Current release event hough the AFS switch has been activated, we are using only Product categories (i.e.We are not using Material master).

Thanks

RamanAK

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1541241 - CCM: Release value for Product category items not send - THIS NOTE needs to be applied only in ECC system if it is appliacble for you.

EKAB - release values are stored this table

are you telling all product category contract release values are not updated in SRM ?

Did you create a correct item type while creating contract - product category ? if there is a linkage issue then this issue comes.

in every bbp_pd docuemnt linkage section backend contract must be establised after running clen_reqreq_job?

what is the contract status now? in distribution or distribution in correct ?

contract might reach ECC but status gives head ache.

Muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks YS

I found some thing interesting.

Use central operational contract centrally as source of supply:

Central contract is used for source of supply in SAP SRM and through distribution in systems running SAP ERP

Call-offs are consolidated in all connected back-end systems for reaching better conditions by aggregating call-off values.

but i dont know call-offs ( SRM usage release POs ) updated in ECC ..

and buyer always expects call-off value must be sync with across all the systems

ecc call-off must equal to SRM CALL-OFFS

and SRM Call-offs must be equalvalent to ECC call-offs

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of present functionality, this statement "Call-offs are consolidated in all connected back-end systems for reaching better conditions by aggregating call-off values."

should be written as

"Call-offs are consolidated from all connected back-end systems for reaching better conditions by aggregating call-off values.".

Only if SAP would recognize the 1st statement as a bug, then something can be done there.. For now, it is not a bug but a product limitation that the SRM call off value is not upated into the ERP release value. To monitor the aggregated release value, please refer to the SRM central contract.

Regards.

YS

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Teo

I agree . but in ECC also SRM release value must be sync otherwise PO will be released against the purchasing contract .

need to check with sap experts how CCTR would have desined on release value . Hope Tamas orban /Lisa might have information on this.

please update if you have any information from them / sap.

Muthuraman

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a PO is created in the ERP, the release value will always cross checked to the SRM central contract ensuring that the target value is not exceeded. At the same time, this also ensure that the contract pricing condition used in the ERP PO is the most accurate one since central contract has aggegrated release value from all the respecitive backends (if there are).

Regards.

YS

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> When a PO is created in the ERP, the release value will always cross checked to the SRM central contract ensuring that the target value is not exceeded. At the same time, this also ensure that the contract pricing condition used in the ERP PO is the most accurate one since central contract has aggegrated release value from all the respecitive backends (if there are).

>

> Regards.

> YS

Thnaks Teo

the sated

When a PO is created in the ERP, the release value will always cross checked to the SRM central contract ensuring that the target value is not exceeded

quote is in the piece of code of validation exist no problem.

But buyer community / Business team expects each piece of data in SRM and ECC must be same ( i.e approved SRM CCTR ).

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu /YS ,

I need clarity around Central Contract Management. Can i still use central contract management and instead of using the inteface for updating release document use BLAREL?

Regards,

Maggie

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

give more details of the CCTR contract USAGE in the existing landscape

-

i could remember the PCTR behaviors in the ECS mode..

Actually contract information will not be transfered in the PO line when replicate to ECC since this contract is local.

the release values are available only in SRM front end ( total value of contract as well as each line of contract vs PO released).

-

Did you distribute the contract to backend system as well ?

-

so now your contract is available for both system

i.e ECS - shopping cart - SRM

and ECC purchase request as well - ECC

-

Are you enjoying the contract in the both systems?

---

Earlier GOA release values are updated in SRM via BLAREL idoc technology

but now adays in CCTR interfaces

-

The release value synchronisation continous challenges to the BUYER .

So please clarify with SAP how SRM PO release value and ECC PO release value sync in the ECC purchasing contract.

--

dOUBLE CHECK