cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate SOAP Adapter metadata

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are using PI 7.11 and would like to know whether it is possible\supported to create a copy of the standard SOAP Adapter metadata in the Integration Builder. We would copy it to a different SWC, namespace and name (e.g. Customer_Basis_SWC, http://customer.com....,CustomerSOAP). The requirement behind this is as follows.

An interface exist between PI and a thrid-party application that causes a large number of timeouts when sending async. SOAP messages to this application. The third-party application can not handle the workload caused by the large number of messages pushed through by SAP PI. The third-party application can not be optimized at this point. We believe the only way around this problem is reducing the number of receiver threads in the SOAP adapter. However by changing the threads on the standard SOAP adapter all other receiver adapters of type SOAP are impacted too. Having a customer\application specific SOAP adapter would probably resolve this issue. We also looked at message prioritization but this wouldn't help in this case either.

If this approach is possible what steps are involved other than copying the metadata to a different SWC, Name and Namespace. We did try this in our sandpit and got an error in the communication channel monitor saying "No adapter registered for this channel", even so the interface we tested with appeared to work using the new adapter. We did not modify the metadata after it was copied into the new SWC. Is there any other configuration step required to get rid of this error message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dieter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

There should't be a need to do this. As outlined in my issue I copied the existing SOAP Metadata from SAP BASIS 7.11 to my SWC using as name MYSOAP and a namespace of my choice. There must be another step that is missing which I can see under this link.

Dieter