cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Prinitng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am trying to create Barcode in Smart Form.

So far i have created Barcode in SE73 transaction and got that into SMARTSTYLE transaction code as character format and created in Smart form under text field.

Everything is good except when i do print preview i don't see barcode everything else is OK (of course in window i only have address and barcode)

Please help me

Thanks

SB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saba,

I found one Smart which has barcode but not able to successfully run it because lack of data problem, but yesterday when i was playing around barcodes in smartform for only once i could able to see bar code in print preview.

all i did was taken one of the available Smart style and created under text element and executed. some reason it only showed me barcode only once in print preview, not sure what happened after that I am not able to regenarate.

I do have SPAD access could you please tell me what should I check there? and pelase also tell me how should i check?

i have one more question in smart style we have number of character formats how does Smart form know which Character format it should take from Smart style?

Thanks

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarath,

In your smartform, enter the smartstyle name in the 'Output Options' tab. Save and activate. Now, in the general attributes tab, you can select the character format that you want for your text.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Saba

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba all the time i was not seleing style, that is the major mistake. Well my problem has been resloved i see Barcode in print preview, but i still need to check how is it printing when i really send to printer. I will keep you posted. thanks for the help full marks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

i did some research. your links make me think that why should I even think about Zebra printer. Please see below link, it says Barcode will be send to printer as a graphic.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d9/4a94c851ea11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

by the way just to see print preview why should i even think what printer I need?

do you know or can you tell me how to see if my SAP system already has Zebra printer installed???

i followed second link you sent me created entire process as per document, i can see everything else (text, graphic) except Barcode. I am not sure what mistake i am making here

thanks for your help

Thanks

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have barcode.dll installed on your machine?

Please check link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/6b/54b4b8cbfb11d2998c0000e83dd9fc/frameset.htm

Let me check about Zebra printer and get back to you.

Regards,

Saba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saba,

Default one is LOCL but I change to LP01 evertime, still i don't see barcode. Could you please tell me how can i check printer settings for barcode configuration? by the way i am using Windows printer.

Thanks

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

I believe you will need a Zebra printer (Bar-One software) installed on your SAP system to print/preview barcodes.

Please check the below links:

http://www.zebra.com/id/zebra/na/en/documentlibrary/misc/sap_smart_forms_faqs.File.tmp/SAP_SmartForm...

http://www.zebra.com/id/zebra/na/en/documentlibrary/misc/sap_smartforms_technical.File.tmp/SAPSmartF...

You will need help from Basis team to do the necessary configurations because for some settings in SPAD transaction, we (developer) do not have authorization to create/change data.

Or else you can check existing smartforms developed in your system (search for barcode in description field), something should definitely pop-up. Check if you can preview barcode for those examples. If yes, then check the printer settings for that printer in SPAD tcode.

Let me check something else from my side too. Meanwhile, you can check for Zebra printer on your system. Also, if you get a solution then do share it with us.

Regards,

Saba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit, I am using support pack 18 and system is ECC 6.0 means, correct me if i am wrong I think i don't need any third party software. I am using windows printer and the device type is SAPWIN. But all this really matter if i want to do print preview, I am not even prinitng. Barcode is not showing up in print preview

thanks

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

Using which printer you are checking print preview. Usually, LOCL printer I guess does not show barcode print preview. Check the printer settings. It should have barcode configured then only it will show barcode. If you used LOCL then try using LP01.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Saba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan just checked in the system I am using SAPWIN device (Windows printing via SAPlpd).

former_member193284
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes you need software to print barcodes. you cannot print barcodes unless you install the third party software for your printer?

Can you check which printer you are using? you can also talk to the printer help desk.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AIdan,

I am not very good at Smart forms, i read the document in SAP help came this far. well i am just using print preview. does it really matter which printer we are using just to do print preview? I am using local windows printer and I am not even printing.

Thanks

SB

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which device type do you use to create the print? The new barcode technology does not work with certain device types lik e.g. line printer devcie types like EPSECP9.(see SAP note 645158) What is the desult if you print via windows and device type SAPWIN?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Yes i have created Barcode in SE73 as New barcode Technolgy.

Thanks

SB

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you create the barcode with the type New barcode Technolgy in SE73? This si necessary unless the printer has a barcode dimm or you use a barcode dll via windows.

regards,

Aidan