SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass extension of article to another storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can we extend article to another storage location in Retail...like MMSC tcode in Standard R/3.

for ex: Suppose we have 100k article already exist with storage location "0001", Now we have to extend it to Storage location "0002".

helpful answer will be rewarded.

thanks & Regards

saurabh dubey

4 REPLIES 4

ray_seetaram
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Have you considered using TCode MM46 for MARC-LGPRO or MARC-LGFSB?

Hope this helps.

Ray

Manish_Bhandari
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh

There is no such T-code in Retail. Please use a BDC for this. We have faced this before and that was the only option

regards

Manish

0 Kudos

Dear Saurab,

Manish is exactly right here, we need to create a simple BDC with artile, site, Sales org, Distribution channel and storage location (new one for extension) to get it done as MM46 (MARC-LGFSB) will change/update the values from existing status rather than extending the new values.

Also we Can't use MMSC or MMSC_MASS with Retail Articles.

I hope your query is being answered.

Regards,

Kunwar

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Why do we have to extend it?

There is no storage location specific data in IS retail.

MARD table entry will happen as soon as you move the stock in to the storage location.

we don't have to do a goods receipt like in regular SAP to auto create MARD entry for material. A regular  SL to SL transfer will create an entry in table.

Please correct me if I am wrong.