Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM catalog integration with SRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We will be upgrading from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.0

We currently have CCM .....Few questins on catalog enablement for us with SRM 7:

1.With SRM 7,0,can we use CCM oor MDM is the only option???

2.Is it better to have MDM as a seperate server and enable SRM MDM catalog content?

3.We have 2 punch out catalogs for 2 vendors.How to enable the punch out catalog links in SRM 7.0???What is the path for IMG config??

4. We have around 20 internal supplier catalogs .Now should we upload few of the supplier catalogs and then upload rest or can we upload all the suuplier catalogs at once through IMPORT MANAGER in MDM ???What are therestrictions in terms of the no of catalogs or catalog data that can be improted and mapped ???

5.What are additional features in SRM MDM 3.0 catalog in contrast to CCM??

6.The backend master data such as Supplier/Porg etc.....how is that synchronised from SRM to SRM MDM catalog???Is it through some scheduled programs???

7.What is the use of PI/XI in enabling SRM MDM catalog??Why is it mandatory??

8. What are the allowed file types for cataog data upload in MDM???Like it was CSV in CCM...

9. Where can I find some sample catalog files for test upload?

10.What are the lastest SP for MDM available for integration with SRM 7.0??

11. after price changes from supplier(thru negotiation),are these price changes to be updated manually for indiavidual items/products through MDM data manager or is there any way to automate this delta update for price in MDM???

12.Also maintaining catalog data in MDM for SRM procurement will be a seprate actibity just like maintaing catalog in CCM??

I have gone through the help links but wud like ansers to above ques based on experiences of the forum members...Please provide inputs to my above queries if anybody has worked on MDM catalog integration with SRM 7.0....

Thanks for your time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI,

1.With SRM 7,0,can we use CCM oor MDM is the only option???

You can use any catalogs which support SAP OCI interface.

2.Is it better to have MDM as a seperate server and enable SRM MDM catalog content?

MDM Server(contents) and AS Java(for UI) are required. Please check the installation guide.

3.We have 2 punch out catalogs for 2 vendors.How to enable the punch out catalog links in SRM 7.0???What is the path for IMG config??

Same as SRM 5.0. Define External Web Services.

4. We have around 20 internal supplier catalogs .Now should we upload few of the supplier catalogs and then upload rest or can we upload all the suuplier catalogs at once through IMPORT MANAGER in MDM ???What are therestrictions in terms of the no of catalogs or catalog data that can be improted and mapped ???

Yes. You can use Import Manager. No issues.

6.The backend master data such as Supplier/Porg etc.....how is that synchronised from SRM to SRM MDM catalog???Is it through some scheduled programs???

MDM Extractor is available.

7.What is the use of PI/XI in enabling SRM MDM catalog??Why is it mandatory??

Mainly for contents mapping.

8. What are the allowed file types for cataog data upload in MDM???Like it was CSV in CCM...

Any. Even for DB interface is also supported. You see all options when you run import manager.

9. Where can I find some sample catalog files for test upload?

Sample repository definition is delivered. You can manually create 1 entry by Data Manager.

10.What are the lastest SP for MDM available for integration with SRM 7.0??

You can find it SAP Service Marketplace. http://service.sap.com/swdc

11. after price changes from supplier(thru negotiation),are these price changes to be updated manually for indiavidual items/products through MDM data manager or is there any way to automate this delta update for price in MDM???

You can use contract and contract items are transfered to Catalog.

12.Also maintaining catalog data in MDM for SRM procurement will be a seprate actibity just like maintaing catalog in CCM??

Yes. Catalog is just Catalog.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MAsa,

Wich are the reports used to transfer the master data like suppliers/contracts from SRM to MDM???

Whether the customizing data is trabsferred from SRM or ERP,XI is mandatory rt???

IF I need to change the Description for one of the catalog fields in the catalog view,where do I need to make the changes???In the catalog Items table in reporsitory or catalog UI???

If I have the catlog configuration manager role,can I access the catalog UI from EP??What are the typical activities caried out by the configuration manager?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Configuration Guides in SAP Solution Manager. Downloaded offline version is also available in SAP Service Marketplace. http://service.sap.com/srm-inst

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa.But I need information on MDM integration with SRM 7.0 and not CCM 2.0.

Apreicate if you could confirm my MDM related info for the queries mentioned.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please check this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa and other experts,

PLease provide your valuable suggestions....