Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIP Profile - Transfer between Clients

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I would like to ask how the DIP Profile is suppose to be maintained between different clients.

If there are different clients, master data won't be the same in all clients, would it? So as I'm using concrete materials and cost elements groups there is no sense on using Transfer Request.

How I'm suppose to create the DIP Profile in a client which Customizing is supposed to be closed?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create the DIP profile in Development ( where customising is allowed ). Now if you want to use the same in Quality ( where customising is not allowed ). You have to transport the request to Quality. Also you need to create that material master data, Activity types, also the SETs in quality.

let me know if this helps

BR

Anjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Before or After Request Transportation, you can create the master data / Sets as required.

If there is no master data in the target client & you transport the request, system will transport the request as desired but throws error when you access the particular config maintenance screens ("ODP1" in this case, for example).

regards

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The main issue is that we are using internal assignment for the material master. And the cost elements we used in development are not the same in quality environment. Any workaround?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Cost Elements, you can make use of the "Sets". Maintain the required set of cost elements in your DEV server & the other (actual cost elements) in your target client.

For Materials, you need to compromise on a unique number in both the clients since it is internal number assignment.

regards

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For internal material number create a set for material with the number range - no need for unique and all that

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Virendra,

For Materials used as Characteristics, "Set" will do as I suggested for Cost Elements.

But the "To Be Determined" material cannot be in sets & it should be the same in both clients.. so far I know.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not necessary that the material to be determined should be same in both the DEV and QA. I am working on RRB in my current project and the material "To Be Determined" is not same in both DEV and QA. DIP still works.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gokul,

The issue is other way round.

Of course, there will be no dependency between the "To Be Determined" material in your DEV & QA. The question is whether your QA is open for configuration !! If you transport the config using a TR, then how the material can be different in your QA & DEV.

regards

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What does RRB stands for?

The material number I introduced in the material determination field (in ODP1 ) in DEV is not the same material number I would like to be determined in QUA.

How have you done, Gokul Pillai, to have different materials to be determined in DEV and QUA?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I agree with you Kris. Seems that i misunderstood the query. It is indeed a question whether your QA is open or not. In my case it is. Thats the reason the materials are different.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK Gokul Pillai, the issue is that my QA is closed.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not have a lot of experience creating DI Profiles as you can imagine. But...

I wonder if it would be possible to do not have material determination specified in the DIP. So that all the dynamic items would be assigned to the same material of the inquiry item to which the WBSE is assigned (I'm using DIP for create quotations). Could this be done? How?

This would solve the DEV, QA issue as the material would not be specified in the DIP.

P.S.: I will open a new thread with this question (DIP Material determination from Inquiry)

Edited by: mforman on Feb 24, 2011 12:30 PM

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it will work for to be determined material as well

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I don't understand your answer.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry my earlier post might have been confusing - I did not have this problem as I have not used service material

See below the scenarios -

If you are using service material then it is an issue as has been discussed above.

If you are using the material to go through direct then set should be fine.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mforman,

check this note, I believe it explains about your issue

Note 512698 - Customizing of DIP profiles in the production system

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that is a good Note

Also if you use external numbering for service material - then it will be ok - as you can create the master data with the same number key in the QA system and no need to change config

Answers (0)