SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deregulated - Inter company money transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

How to do money transfer between companies in a deregulated environment? When I try to do a transfer using FP40, getting a message Contract xxxxx is deregulated. Transfer postings not possible

Here is my scenario

Customer has 2 contract accounts. Each contract account has 2 contracts - 1 distribution and 1 supplier.

All distribution contracts have the same company code.

Company code in supplier contracts vary depending on the customer's choice of electric supplier.

When customer requested balance transfer and the company codes between source and target supplier

contracts are not the same, transaction code FP40 generates the error message EDER500 (Contract

xxxxx is deregulated. Transfer postings not possible).

How can I transfer the balance from one account to another?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem that you are facing is basically transferring balances across intercompany codes. and I dont think FP40 allows transferring balances across intercompany codes.

So, for transferring open balance to another between cross company codes, you first need to maintain posting area 0030.

Say you have two company codes X and Y, and you want to activate the transfer posting, so you need to maintain two set of GL entries for-

Posted in Clearing against

X Y

Y X

You need to create a intercompany code GL A/c for each company code and assign it in the receivables and the payables account

Also you need to confgure one new set of main\Sub for transfer postings.

As cross company code transfer is not possible by Transaction Code-FP40, you need to use FPE1 with document type TF and Clearing reason 03.

Select the open items you want to transfer and enter the details of the account on which you want to transfer with the proper main\sub configured for the same.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem that you are facing is basically transferring balances across intercompany codes. and I dont think FP40 allows transferring balances across intercompany codes.

So, for transferring open balance to another between cross company codes, you first need to maintain posting area 0030.

Say you have two company codes X and Y, and you want to activate the transfer posting, so you need to maintain two set of GL entries for-

Posted in Clearing against

X Y

Y X

You need to create a intercompany code GL A/c for each company code and assign it in the receivables and the payables account

Also you need to confgure one new set of main\Sub for transfer postings.

As cross company code transfer is not possible by Transaction Code-FP40, you need to use FPE1 with document type TF and Clearing reason 03.

Select the open items you want to transfer and enter the details of the account on which you want to transfer with the proper main\sub configured for the same.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I try out your suggestions and get back to you. Appreciate your help.