cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship-To's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently the ship to's ( Account Group 0002) in the current system don't have Customer group field assigned, recently business has requested to have the ability to assign the customer group to ship-to's.

I understand that these can be assigned in t-code OVT0, my question is would that cause any issues ?, currently this request is only for one company code.

How can i make the customer group field visible to only one company code ?

do i have to create new account group for this ?, this may not be acceptable to business since they have lots of ship to already existing to the account group 0002.

regards

Edited by: SD.... on Feb 22, 2011 6:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you can activate Customer Group for just one company code. If customer group is to be activated, it will get activated to all the sales orgs as it is in sales area data and not company code data.

I presume that your client is already using 0002 (standard a/c group for ship to) as you have mentioned that there are a lot of customers exisiting in a/c grp 0002. Hence, the best you can do is, make customer group optional in OVT0 and then write a piece of code in one the user exit for customer while saving which checks if the sales org (KNVV-VKORG) belongs to the company code where your clients wants customer group. If it is that company code, then put a message to enter customer group, else allow the customer to be saved.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

as u r changing a standard account group then configuring a custom account group would be advised.

also make sure if u r planning to copy customer group on sales documents or only as reference on ship t.o.'s.

thx

dilip sadh