cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a request to ensure Canadian EDI customers only create orders if the currency is in Canadian dollars. If they send us a different currency then the order should be in error.

I know this can be done on the EDI side but would prefer that the order gets processed through and error in SAP.

Can this be achieved in SAP without any custom programming?

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want an IDOC error (i.e. status 51) or do you want to have a sales order with a block of some type created?

The standard functionality for controlling price on the EDI orders received into SD is via one of the customer expected price/vLUW conditions - EDI1 or ED12. If the customer has sent a price in the wrong currency - i.e. different than the pricing you have maintained in SD - this can be set up to be blocked due to a price discrepancy.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/93/74345c546011d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

For validation u have to use Userexits while creating sales order.

And also pl make various master data in CAD.

thx

Dilip Sadh

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try maintaining the CAD currency in the sold-to customer master (XD02)-> Sales area data->sales tab->in currency field. Also try to maintain the pricing condition records (in VK12) in CAD. These settings can be overwritten in the sales document. If that is a possibility, then you must use user-exit (like USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in program MV45AFZZ) to provide hard error.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva. Customer master does have the CAD setup. Condition records are also in CAD. I wasnt sure if the IDOC has different currency, will system error out while creating a sales order or not.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

Just go a head with Sivaram told. If you use either Bapi or Idoc what ever it may be it contains the currency filed. Check with the exit also. Check in a such way if waers equal to that currency .It will work.

Regards,

Madhu.