cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR-Should NetWeaver Logical Lock Parameter be set to YES or NO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need some help in determining if the new RAR configuration setting "Use NetWeaver Logical Lock" should be set to YES or NO. We are on version SP13.2. Seems like everytime I talk to someone at SAP Support I get a different answer. We currently have it set to the default value of YES. Per note 1512688 this is supposed to give better performance. But we are also seeing a lot of lock errors on the logs and we sometimes have problems with the Management View reports failing.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

we also had a lot of those "...cannot lock..." Messages in our logfiles and sometimes the background jobs would just stop processing of fail completely.

We currently are on AC 5.3 SP13 (Java) and we did did set configuration "Use Net Weaver Logical Lock Yes/No?" to NO (by implementing the procedure described in SNOTE 1528592).

After a system restart everything is running smoothly now and we got rid of all those "...cannot lock..." messages.

Also see this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone have any idead why I am seeing these lock messages when only one job is running?

I have daily incremental Management View jobs that run every night. Nothing else is running at this time. However when I check the logs, I still see a lot of those lock messages.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Earlier we had face the same problem. so that we can set option " NO" for the "Use Net Weaver Logical Lock " before running the any Batch Jobs in RAR. Again switched the option to "YES" after compeleted of the batch job.

Regards,

Arjuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you were maintaining two server nodes these are definite problems you encounter and some times the jobs do not process anything.

Setting the lock option to YES, which means the locking will be taken care at netweaver level, but this was not effective when jobs are running on two server nodes and resulting in locking errors.

If you select this option as NO, where the locking happening at database level will be considered hence jobs proceed in two nodes without any problems.

Since at Netweaver level there has to be maintained a sync commands b/w nodes on this locks and any missing will result in errors.

You can take a proper call on this based on your situation.

Hope this helps.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

It should be set to yes, Did you restart after setting it to Yes?

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was set to YES when we upgraded to 13.2 last year. However we see a lot of "Cannot lock at least one of the 1 locks for the owner" message on the RAR system log and failures atleast once a month with the Management View reports.

SAP Support keeps going back and forth with us on the failures and the lock setting. One person will tell us we need to set the parameter to NO so we don't get these messages, another one will tell us it has to be YES or the RAR/CUP risk analysis jobs will perform very poorly.

I've also found posting on SDN that say to set it to NO, that there are problems with it set to YES.

So what value should we set it to?

Why (what does that setting do)?

Why would you not set it to the other value?

Thanks.