cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition and deletion in a table View in Visual composer 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a requirement of updating a table view from the entries that a user enters in an input form.

When the user makes entries in the input form and clicks on save he should see those entries in the table and these entries should also get updated in the backend.

Can anyone give me any ideas around it?

Please also let me know if VC 7.0 supports multiple actions on a click of a button?

Suppose if i create a button save on the form and implement two actions "Insert Row" and a custom action"Submit"(which eventually will hit the BAPI) in the backend to update so will it work ??

I read on SDN that in order to add or delete i would need 3 buttons atleast :ADD,(to add row),SAve(to call bapi) and Refresh(to make entry visibile) in the table.

Can anyone suggests better solution around it.

Thanks for all the pointers in advance.

Regards

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

inorder to save the data in the backend u should send your data to backend using some data service( here insert query to your BAPI).

And to have multiple actions to single button u can go for sequentila action whihc u can define to the button but its available in EHPs if u are working in lower versions its not posiible to have .

Regards,

Govindu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to solve this when we upgraded to EHP1 with the help of sequential actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Since tables only represent data retrieved from a backend service, I guess the correct functionality would be that the data in the form would be submitted to the proper service (that can recieve input and add it to the database), and then the table that will be connected to the output port of the service will be updated with the new data.

And sequence actions was added as a feature, so it depends on your SP level. If you can'e see it when you assign actions to a button, your SP doesn;t have it

Best regards,

Udi