cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Issue with Bill of Materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a scenario which I am looking for a solution. An example is in the below table

Gas component Volume i(%) Price ($/MT) Value ($/MT)

A 50 100 50

B 30 200 60

C 20 300 60

Total Unit Price 170

Total Quantity of all components: 10,000 MT

Total Value of vessel = 10,000 * 170

My current solution is set up a BOM for these components and price each of the gas components at the item level. I also used the quantity field in the sales order for the volume in percentage composition of each item. But this solution only gave the total unit price (170 USD/MT).

My challenge is to be able to capture the total quantity of the gas in the system, as we have to print the delivery document with this quantity, and also be able to multiply by the total unit price so I can arrive at the total value of the vessel.

Thanks for helping towards a solution that will solve this issue.

Luqman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think it is a problem.

If you had maintained your BOM correctly, I dont think it is an issue.

I am sure that you are aware of the % of components in the final product. You maintain them in the BOM correctly as a percentage. For example, if the components are of 50%, 30% and 20%, then maintain their values as 0.5, 0.3 and 0.2 quantities per unit of main material.

Now as your pricing is based on the item level, maintain the condition records per quantity of the subitems in VK11.

Now when you create an order for say 100L of main material, the components will be 50, 30 and 20L accordingly.

If your pricing is based on Price/L of the components, your pricing will work perfectly.

The only constraint will be the unit. Your unit should be same for both main item and BOM items. If they are different, the unit conversion shoudl be clearly taken care of. Due to unit conversion, there may be some approximation of the total value, but it should not be a major concern.