Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID without AII

chrisgr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know if my scenario can be implemeted in SAP without SAP AII.

In the warehouse we have RFID mobile devices that run SAP RF transaction with the help of SAP console. During the goods receipt, we receive a pallet that has been tagged and contains many boxes that are also tagged. Is it possible when the users use their RFID mobile 1- to read all the tags and 2- send the information to the RF screen ? If yes, how all the tags will be send to SAP (string with all the tags conatenated....) ?

THank you for your help

Christophe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible. But need to understand more on you business scenario. when you said your objects have been tagged, what information is there in those tags and how did they cimission those tags.

SAP AII is a serialization product where you can write / read tags using the EPCIS standards. There are other tools in the market which can do them. But SAP AII is the most prefered because it gives you a seamless integration with you any of your RFID devices OAT, SIRIT, Intermec etc... and more over most of the today's businesses run SAP so thats the prefered integration. Let me know if this helps or you need more information.

Thanks,

Naveen