cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS - BPL entities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can I copy an standard entity between a standard context and my customer context?

For example, I´ve created a new "ERP Initial Repeatable Package for Business Process Library" and selected like context "Empty contex for customer". I want to include an entity like Cost Center, that is in standar context BC-Cost Center.

Can I copy the entity Cost Center (KOSTL /SNP/ ) of context BC-Cost Center (/BPL/M00100010) and add it to my coustomer context?

Thank to all...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andy, thank you very much for your help. Finally, I select the context BC - Project (PS), following your advise, i´ve modified it. But, I find very interesting the idea of share standard context with customer context.

andylawrence
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I am really glad you have achieved your aims.

In terms of shared standard context, that is not really the case. What you have done is copied the standard BPL context into a custom context (stored as TDMS_<TDMS package ID>). Therefore, you have created a separate customer scenario based on a standard one. You can re-use your new scenario many times by copying your current TDMS package with your customer scenario to a new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andy. Thank very much for your replay.

I have followed your instructions, but unfortunately, when i try to look for entity BO3961 /SNP Cost Element (Chart of Accounts) from BC - Internal Order context, not got any result. In the "Find Entity" window, What information should I enter?

I´ve read the guide TDMS_BPL_Scenario_Designer, it says that in search area, can search for entities and tables already included in the data model.

I´m trying to add an enttity from another context in a costumer context. The costumer context have not any data model when you starts, Am I wrong?

Any help will be welcome...

Thanks again.

andylawrence
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I can see what you mean in that you can access the other entities as they are specific to the other standard contexts.

One possible way to do achieve your aim this is to start a new BPL package in TDMS and base this on the Internal Order Scenario rather than an empty context. You could remove the parts of this scenario that you do not need and leave the parts that you do require. You would also be able to use the search functions for any entity previously used. The resulting configuration is specific to your package and does not update the standard scenario. you could then re-use this with a refresh or configuration copy of your BPL package or create it as a repeatable BPL package in its own sub-project

I have not been involved in the development of standard BPL scenarios so I do not know how entities are shared across the contexts. This is the only way I can see for you to achieve your aims.

andylawrence
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes you can do this. Down the left handside of the BPL Designer screen you have the search area. If you expand the node "Entities and click on the search term node that appears under this, you can enetr the appropriate text for the enitiytu you are looking for. The list of entities that match this will appear in a list below the search area. You can can then pick this up and drag into into th eright hand window onto your BPL's name.

You should then see all the associated objects for that enetity appear within your BPL. You then extend this with other objects as you need.

Check out the useful BPL Designer guide available from http://service.sap.com/tdms --> Guides. This gives a lot more useful information on how you can design and extend your own scenarios.