Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My Scenario:

Upgrading SAP MDM 5.5 SP5 to SAP MDM 7.1 SP6.

Issue : We have both global & Local data scenerio, but after the upgrade... during testing ,whenever i am creating any global data it is directly ready to syndicate without waiting for any "Approval" activity, which was the case in 5.5 system.

In our case Local data's "MDM Status" was the central approval point, so until our local data is not approved or the status is not changed to any of them which is maintained under syndicator property , it never used to ready to syndicate.

Because the logic is untill the data is not approved it should not reflect in "Ready" folder in xml file.

Please note : I have followed all the upgrade step by step mentioned in "Upgrade guide"

Please suggest what should i do ?

Regards,

Harmony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harmony,

Because the logic is untill the data is not approved it should not reflect in "Ready" folder in xml file.

You can easily take care of this thing that is only records with field MDM Status "Approval" comes to your Ready folder in XML file. Open your this existing Map using MDM Syndicator, Here you should also need to set search criteria in your map. By this I mean, In free form or drill down search for this field MDM Status = Approved. So once this search criteria(filter of records) also set(save) in your map, you could able to syndicate records for which MDM status= Approved else records will not syndicated.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for your suggestion.

But i am aware of this function, infact we have already set these filters.

As per our filter Global MDM Status is set as " ALL" and Local MDM Status is set as " Approved " and "To be achieved".

But the problem is - Local MDM Status plays the central filter during syndication. like until at least one local data is not "Approved" even the global data doesnt triggered for syndication.

But, in my case i can see global data in xml file of ready folder even if there is no local data created.

Means :- The moment i am creating global data it is immediately going to "Ready folder"

Hope you understood what i am trying to say !

Regards,

Harmony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harmony,

As you are setting many filter's.

As per our filter Global MDM Status is set as " ALL" and Local MDM Status is set as " Approved " and "To be achieved".

It seems like once you create Global data, Global MDM Status for it set as "ALL" and it seems like it is not taking AND condition. I mean if any of the above criteria passes it pass (if it is taking OR condition rather than AND). May be why its not checking for Local MDM Status "Approved".

Try using Expression under free-form search where you write this expression as below so that if any of the these criteria is not fulfilling, it should fails. Expression:

Global MDM Status = " ALL" AND IS_NOT_NULL(Local MDM Status) AND Local MDM Status="Approved"

Also, as you said you dont have any record now available with Local MDM status = "Approved" then logically there should be zero record come in your search once you set this search criteria and save in your syndication Map.

Save this map afterward setting above search criteria using Expression. Now try creating new record in data Manager and check, is it coming to Ready folder or not. I think it should work this time and only if all the conditons meet, it will come.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for your solution.

Can you please explain me the steps to do the below activity? Where can i write these expressions? and how ?

Try using Expression under free-form search where you write this expression as below so that if any of the these criteria is not fulfilling, it should fails. Expression:

Global MDM Status = " ALL" AND IS_NOT_NULL(Local MDM Status) AND Local MDM Status="Approved"

Awaiting your revert eagerly !

Regards,

Harmony

0 Kudos

Hi Harmony,

It is given in 2nd row as EXPRESSION of Free form search (Just below the keyword).

1.Go to Freeform search.Click in Value column against expression to open the "search expression window".Operator will be defaulted as "True" so don't change it.

2. Choose the fields-Global MDM Status,Local MDM Status using "Fields" button

3. Choose operators like "=" & "AND using "Operator" and functions like IS_NOT_NULL using "Functions" button to write this expression

4. Type in values like ALL and APPROVED or choose from "Lookups" button if they are lookup fields.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

Vineet