cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction to close the inspection lot in mass.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Due to settings in the material's QM view , inspection lot with origin 89 were created for all the process orders , we don't use these inspection lot for recording any results , now we are not able to close the process order because the inspection lot related to the order are not closed yet.

Can you please let me know transaction to close all the inspection lots collectively so that i can proceed to close the orders.

regards

jeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

FF is right ,there is no reference of process order & 89 inspection lot origin.Make sure that its 89 inspection type only.

Now there is no way you can take mass UD .Only way I know in QA32 select all lots >click on usage decision--->keep on entering UD code --->keep on saving in mass.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using LSMW or batch input program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I agree,,, Until you have made some development.. inspection lot with 89 as origin is not possible.(atleast in Standards)

However If you have open Inspection lot

Use Transaction code QA32 to drill down at each inspection lot - Recod Result and make usage decision.

Other way round will be

LSMW or BAPI

Bapi to Result record :- BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTSu2019

Bapi for Usage Decision :- BAPI_INSPLOT_SETUSAGEDECISIONu2019.

If you are using Bapi :- Use Bapi_Commit , with both of them individually.

If you have Inspection lot with type 03.

You cann use Transaction QA40 for usage decision - but here u should have recorded the results atleast

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure the lots are inspection origin 89 and that those are preventing the closing of the orders? 89's should be manual inspection lots and should not have been caused by any settings in the material master but would have had to be caused by someone creating them. There is no reference to an order number in an 89 lot so I'm not sure how they could be blocking an order. Now.. If you created these as the result of a custom development that might be different. But they still shouldn't be able to block the closing of an order, unless of course you have some other development or user exit being used to check on the lot.

That said, unless you record results in the 89 lots you can't mass process them close. You have to do them one by one.

I would also suggest you look for inspection lots with an 03 origin as these CAN influence the orders. But again, they usually don't prevent you from marking the order technically complete. If you mark the orders technically complete, you can then use QA40 to close the 03 lots where the orders are TECO status.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thank you for your reply ,

You are correct the inspection lot origin is not 89 , but in fact it is 04 and thing is that we are not using this inspection lot to record any result ,but now when we are trying to close the order we are getting error that this inspection lot is not closed yet.

Please suggest how should we proceed to close the order now .

Regards

jeet

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm going to assume you have no characteristics showing up in the inspection lot right? They also probably aren't stock relevant cause otherwise you would have a ton of stock sitting in QI. If not, I think you'll have to close these manually. But unless you have electronic signatures turned on, I think you should be able to have an abap'er build an LSMW to close these out using QA11. It should be fairly simple.

FF