Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need calrification " am not getting error or success message anywhere "

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

PI PIcks and Arcives the file successfully but i cant find any error or success message in channel monitiring , Moni or Message Monitoring since i am aware that i am passing XML file and doing FCC in sender channel.

Pls Explain me why PI Picked up and Archived the file since file format was wrong and It doesnt show any error in channel monitoring or Moni or Message Monitoring

and also pls explain me as i understand PI picks the file and Archive it then PI process the file from archive :pls correct me if am wrong

Regards,

Manikandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> since i am aware that i am passing XML file and doing FCC in sender channel.

I believe you are converting flat format file to XML using FCC. Dont understand passing xml file and doing fcc in sender channel?

Check the following..

1) See the file you place in the sender side has file permission to execute

2) Are you referencing the right file in the file sender communication channel?

3) Make sure that your fcc sender file throws error by simulating simple error such as giving field names invalid in the fcc. Then we can figure it out whether fcc referencing the appropriate file or some other file.

Hope this helps. I would like to get elaborate explanation about your problem.

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi baskar,

Scenario:File to File

Source File format:CSV(Fixed Length)

i have created a sender channel and did FCC as its needed for Fixed lenght file but unfortunately i have placed a XML file in source folder instead text file.PI picked up the XML file and Archived it and i was checking the moni for error or successful message but i cant find any error message in moni or in channel monitoring since the file format was wrong PI should throw error in channel monitoring or Moni.

can you please explain me why i cant find the error message.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>but unfortunately i have placed a XML file in source folder instead text file

>> can you please explain me why i cant find the error message.

Since FCC does not find the flat file and all your configured conversion in cc would not take place. So FCC does not work at all. Simply it pulls the file where you specified...