cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvers in series

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi workflow Developers.

I have developed an XPDL file that basically requires the project to be approved by sourcing Manager and BU sponsor in series, if the BU sponsor rejects, the documewnt should not be forwarded to the BU sponsor. When I test the file I get the following:

1. If the 1st approver declines, the document gets stuck and I have to cancel the workflow

2. If the first approver approves and the second one declines, everything works fine and the doc transitions to the previous state

3. If the both approve, everything is fine and the doc goes to the next phase

Do you have an idea on how I can solve the issue in point 1.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Precious,

Pavan's answer seems to be very precise.

I have not worked on workflows for Projects but in case of Contract Documents I think there might be three reasons why this is happening. Please correlate with the case for Project :

1) You have probably missed the transition from 1st approval activity to the 'End of Workflow'. (Its better to check the transition condition as well. It should be getApprovalStatus() == DENIED in case of rejection)

2) You are not pushing the document back to the appropriate phase correctly.

3) If the above things have been taken care of then the last reason follows : The phase to which you are trying to push the document to in case of rejection might not be a 'valid previos phase' with respect to to the current phase.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks

Devesh

Edited by: deveshsati on Mar 3, 2011 7:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Precious Manyekana ,

Could you check in transition condition for 1 approver whether you have given proper condition for decline(or Reject).

Thanks,

Pavan