cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no sap data found in the database <SID>!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

While doing BI system copy activity, we are getting message as no sap data found in the database <SID>! and we could not able to proceed further.

We have MS SQL 2005 as DB and Windows 2003 STD as our OS. We are doing the system copy through homogeneous system copy method (Backup / Restore).

Before running SAPint we had deleted the old database then restored the database from the backup which we had taken of our production system.

We also ran the SQL script user_change.sql as per the note # 551915 but in SAPint we are getting above mentioned error.

Could you please help me in this regard ?

Best Regards,

Amit Vaij

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any suggestions I'm doing an HSC System Copy and I'm having the same error ...

In the SAP data found in the database SID!

The database is JAVA and the environment has never been used, it was just installed.

Can anyone help?

former_member256254
Participant
0 Kudos

Looks like problem in the database even before the migration start.

Could you please temporarily cancel the migration, startup the database, then run R3trans -dw ?

Please copy us the return message, and file trans.log

Thank you

-

Sorry, didn't see that the question is answered.

Edited by: Nur Agus Suryoko on Mar 4, 2011 2:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not an expert in MS SQL, but first of all, I'd check if the user has been actually changed via MSSQL tools.

It looks like the script hasn't run properly.

In case the objects are OK, take a look at the database size and compare it with the size of the original one, just to check if the restore ran OK.

Best Regards

Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have managed to resolve this issue by restoring the database backup again and running the SAPInst without running the SQL script.

The script changes the schema name which is actually taken care by SAPInst, so there is no need to run any SQL script for changing schema name.

Hope this help to someone who may face similar kind of problem.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi at all, I have the same error. But I'm wondering about the assumption, that the schema renaming should be the root cause.

I'm trying to copy a BI dual tack system on Windows/MSSQL database specific (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3380228)

Now I'm defining the parameters in SAPINST (SoftwareProvMngr), so at the moment in no step I've to set up any old schema. Also I'm not at the step of defining the JAVA export.

At the moment the SAPINST tool is trying to connect the main SAP DB.

I attached and renamed the ABAP part of the DB. I will now try to detach the DB, I assume the SAPINST Tool will install to an empty DB. So if you attach a DB with a wrong schema it can not find any tables in the instance shema of the SID defined in SAPINST and it work... we will see...

Detach was the wrong Idea... it seems there is any issue with the permissions...

but R3trans -d works

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an response from SAP Support. In case of homogenous system copy with SAPinst, the SAPinst will move the Schema; you don't need to execute Schema4SAP.vbs; in this case the SAPinst for the ABAP part. If JAVA and ABAP Schema are from different SID's the SAPinst can not find the SAP tables.

- ABAP and JAVA Schema have to be from the same system p01 and SAPP01DB...

If you have already dropped the security information of the old Schema you can easily move with Schema4SAP.vbs both Schemas, for ABAP and JAVA to the same SID... and SAPinst works 😉