cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledgement vers Syncronous processing of JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

My business process is using a JDBC Adapter to read and update statuses in a specific table. The next step after an update step, where I change i.e. the status from 3 to 4, should not be processed before the update is done.

Currently I am doing this by sending the update statement synchronously but do not evaluate the response. After reading the Weblog from Michal about acknowledgements in a BPM for File adapter I tested it for the JDBC adapter and changed from synchronous to asynchronous processing. It works also well. But here is my question: If I got back the acknowledgement it says the message is delivered. Can I be sure that the update statement is done by the database?? Do you see a risk for the status handling?

Regards Oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For select you can use select and update on database to change the status of the record from unprocessed to procssed. And then when you are again updating database then in BPM wait for acknowledgement as you are doing. As only successful update will give the positive ack there is no risk involved.

-Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kavita

thats what I wanted to know, that only the successful update sends an acknowledgement.

Regards Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Transport ack will say data is delivered, you need to chk with application ack.

Regards,

Kavita

Answers (0)